Restaurant servers are responsible for submitting guest menu selections and presenting these food and beverage preferences. The right person will gain menu knowledge and give recommendations from our compilation of cuisine and drink offerings. A Hyatt restaurant server will engage in casual conversation and create the restaurant experience by their style and service attributes. Other duties include general restaurant preparation and maintaining a sanitary environment. If you have experience as a server in a restaurant, we'd love to hear from you!
- Work in any one of the outlets; Waterfront, Lobby Pool, In-room Dining, Cinnamon or Event Services Areas
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses
- Greet and escort customers to their tables
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked
- Inform customers about the day’s specials and offer menu recommendations upon request
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate
- Take accurate food and drinks orders
- Check customers’ IDs to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Enter order details into system
- Serve all food and drink orders
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments
- Clear, clean and reset all the dining tables and chairs.
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing authentic hospitality and meaningful experiences to each and every guest. Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren't just met-they're exceeded. It's a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Hyatt has the best to offer in restaurant server jobs: Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in food and beverage preparation or customer service is preferred.
- Refined verbal and written communication skills;
- Must have physical stamina to lift moderate amounts of weight;
- Ability to walk, bend, and stand for extended periods.
- Able to handle money accurately and operate a point-of-sale system
- Ability to work a flexible shift inclusive of weekends, nights and public holidays;
- A positive attitude and ability work well under pressure with cooks and other staff.
- A valid food badge
- Must be fully vaccinated
This is a great opportunity to get a start with Hyatt as a restaurant server. For immediate consideration of the restaurant server position, click Apply Now and complete an application for the restaurant server position on the Hyatt Careers Site!