The incumbent is required to provide technical support in the operations and maintenance of the ICT infrastructure of the Ministry under the guidance and direction of a supervisor. Duties include: Installation and support of personal computers and related software; monitoring the operations of the Ministry’s IT and networking Infrastructure; assisting with the installation of computer and networking infrastructure; and responding to and addressing IT incident reports and requests for help.
Minimum Experience and Training:
- Minimum of three (3) years' relevant technical experience.
- Training as evidenced by the possession of a recognised Associate Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems Management, Computer Engineering or a related area.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
All applications must include a cover letter, which clearly indicates the positions being applied for and should be addressed to:
- The Permanent Secretary
- Ministry of Finance
- Attention: Director, Human Resources
Your cover letter together with your Curriculum Vitae, academic qualifications and other relevant certifications, two (2) work-related references (where applicable), one (1) personal recommendation, and a Police Certificate of Character, or receipt thereof (no later than six (6) months old), are required and must be uploaded as a single pdf file (no greater that 10MB in size).
The deadline for submission of applications is 11:59 p.m. on Sunday 27th March, 2022.
Key and Critical Responsibilities
- Installs or removes hardware and/or software, using defined installation instructions and tools; tests and corrects malfunctions, and documents results In accordance with procedure; provides assistance to users in accordance with agreed procedures; and updates related maintenance and configuration records.
- Treats with security breaches of or security attacks on IT system/network/personal computer to limit damage in accordance with the Ministry security policy; and applies defined security controls to personal computers and related components.
- Monitors and logs the actual ICT services provided to users, against that required by service level agreements, and Iiaises with supervisors in the resolution of any breaches.
- Assists professional staff with the release and deployment of changes and updates to the live IT environment, records activities and results; and assists with early support activities such as providing support advice to users.
- Investigates and acts on minor security breaches with the IT infrastructure, takes defined corrective action, and updates relevant security records and documentation in accordance with established procedures.
- Receives and handles service desk and Incident management requests for IT and networking Infrastructure support following agreed procedures, and maintains relevant records.
- Carries out agreed operational procedures of a routine nature; and contributes to maintenance, installation and problem resolution for the IT and networking infrastructure of the organisation.
- Assists with the performance of regular backups and restores, and tracks offsite storage, according to agreed operational procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of defined components of IT and networking Infrastructure.
- Some knowledge of the principles, tools and techniques required for the management and control of ICT within a government based or business organisation.
- Some knowledge of project management tools and techniques.
- Ability to install/remove hardware and software.
- Ability to recognise and correct IT security breaches.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to operate as part of a team.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to interact positively with members of the public and external stakeholders.