The incumbent is required to plan, organize and manage the development, operations and maintenance of the ICT resources and infrastructure of a Ministry/Department/Division, and to manage the delivery of its ICT projects, under the direction of the Permanent Secretary or designated officer. Duties include developing and implementing of the ICT policies and ICT strategic plan of the organisation; developing and delivering software applications and ICT services; managing ICT projects; preparing and managing the ICT budget; and developing and managing of professional, technical and support staff.
Minimum Experience and Training:
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience at a management level in the area of ICT, including at least two (2) years in the development, implementation and operation of enterprise-wide ICT systems.
- Training as evidenced by the possession of a recognised Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems Management, Computer Engineering or a related area
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience at a management level in the area of ICT, including at least four (4) years in the development, implementation and operation of enterprise-wide ICT systems.
- Training as evidenced by the possession of a recognised Bachelor’s degree
- Certification in the area of ICT from a recognised institution.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience at a management level in the area of ICT, in addition to at least five (5) years’ experience in the development, implementation and operation of enterprise-wide ICT systems.
- Training as evidenced by the possession of a two-year Diploma/Certificate in ICT from a recognised institution.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
All applications must include a cover letter, which clearly indicates the positions being applied for and should be addressed to:
- The Permanent Secretary
- Ministry of Finance
- Attention: Director, Human Resources
Your cover letter together with your Curriculum Vitae, academic qualifications and other relevant certifications, two (2) work-related references (where applicable), one (1) personal recommendation, and a Police Certificate of Character, or receipt thereof (no later than six (6) months old), are required and must be uploaded as a single pdf file (no greater that 10MB in size).
The deadline for submission of applications is 11:59 p.m. on Sunday 27th March, 2022.
Key and Critical Responsibilities
- Develops the ICT vision, policy, strategic plan and standards of the Ministry/Department in alignment with its mission and business plan.
- Leads and manages ICT projects, including the identification and mitigation of project risk; ensures quality in delivery and timeliness and facilitates effective utilisation of resources.
- Manages strategies to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the information systems of the Ministry/Department and, to ensure, the restoration of such information systems
- Monitors the implementation of the, policy and strategic plan to ensure compliance with organisational policies, procedures and the overall information management strategy.
- Manages the selection, implementation, operations and evaluation of security controls
- Assesses the need of the organisation for ICT services and recommends the most appropriate and cost effective solutions in meeting those needs; engages stakeholders in the planning and implementation of change needed for effective use of the ICT services of the organisation.
- Provides technical management of the ICT operations, and ensures that the Ministry/Department’s agreed service levels and data integrity requirements of the organisation are met, and that all relevant procedures are adhered to.
- Maintains the policy, standards and procedures for security, and monitors the application and compliance of security operations procedures.
- Develops budget, facilitates procurement, negotiations and contracting and monitors ICT expenditure on the organisation, all ICT projects and operations.
- Keeps abreast of new methods and trends in ICT and products in order to advance and improve the Ministry/Department’s ICT capability.
- Makes recommendations for staffing to ensure that there are adequate skilled personnel to meet ICT service delivery plans.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, tools and techniques required for the management and control of ICT within an organisation
- Considerable knowledge of project management tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of business process reengineering.
- Some knowledge of relevant financial and procurement processes, rules and regulations.
- Ability to manage multi-disciplinary teams and technical and professional staff.
- Ability to manage ICT projects.
- Ability to think creatively and to implement leading-edge technology solutions.
- Ability to negotiate and manage complex technical contracts.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to manage change in the public sector.
- Ability to promote teamwork and to manage conflict.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to interact positively with members of the public and external stakeholders.