The incumbent is required to provide operational support functions for the ICT infrastructure of a Ministry/Department/Division under the guidance and direction of supervisors. Duties include: assisting with software development and testing under supervision; performing defined operational procedures including documentation on the ICT systems; resolving defined requests for support and routine incidents; and monitoring levels of service provided.
Minimum Experience and Training:
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant technical experience.
- Training as evidenced by the possession of a recognised Associate Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems Management, Computer Engineering or a related area.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
All applications must include a cover letter, which clearly indicates the positions being applied for and should be addressed to:
- The Permanent Secretary
- Ministry of Finance
- Attention: Director, Human Resources
Your cover letter together with your Curriculum Vitae, academic qualifications and other relevant certifications, two (2) work-related references (where applicable), one (1) personal recommendation, and a Police Certificate of Character, or receipt thereof (no later than six (6) months old), are required and must be uploaded as a single pdf file (no greater that 10MB in size).
The deadline for submission of applications is 11:59 p.m. on Sunday 27th March, 2022.
Key and Critical Responsibilities
- Designs, codes, tests, corrects and documents simple programs and assists with the implementation and testing of software under the supervision and guidance of professional staff.
- Supports the information content and publication development process, including creating draft documentation and illustrations, printing and publishing, and creating sections of technical and operational documentation.
- Interprets, executes and records test cases in accordance with project test plans and under the supervision of professional staff.
- Monitors and logs the actual service provided to users against that required by service level agreements.
- Carries out agreed operational procedures of a routine nature; and contributes to maintenance, installation and problem resolution.
- Receives and handles requests for support following agreed procedures; and responds to requests for support by providing information to enable incident resolution and allocates unresolved calls as appropriate; and maintains relevant records.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of computer operations functions.
- Some knowledge of the tools and techniques required for the management and control of ICT within an organisation.
- Some knowledge of project management tools and techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to operate as part of a team.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to interact with members of the public and external stakeholders.