Compensation and Benefits Officer is a technical and operational professional who is responsible for processing monthly and bi-monthly payrolls for the Corporation. He/she develops various reports by researching, gathering and collating information and statistics. The incumbent also maintains confidential payroll records, filing statutory payments, collecting, organizing and reporting financial information used in budget development. He/she is also responsible for the administration of the Corporate Benefit Plans.
Facilitate end-to-end processing of monthly and fortnightly payrolls for Management, General Monthly and temporary staff
- Preparing a schedule of payroll activities to ensure the processing of payments on a monthly basis
- Coding payroll documents to facilitate accurate processing
- Calculating and performing data entry of values for benefits and liabilities such as acting, maternity leave, payment of vacation leave for management, general monthly and fortnightly staff updates/changes to profiles as requested by Team Members.
- Processing special payments such as bonus; merit; performance incentive for eligible Team Members
- Reconciling income and expenditure to balance payrolls
- Ensuring salary deposits and deduction to banks and other institutions via ACH
Prepare management and other adhoc reports.
- Collating and analyzing monthly and other adhoc reports for Management
Ensure completion of other Payroll Processes.
- Registration of Employed persons forms, Benefit claims and remittances to the National Insurance Board National to ensure compliance with NIB regulations
- Preparing application for BIR Numbers and remittances to BIR to ensure compliance with all Inland Revenue statutory laws and regulations
- Ensuring that all annual emoluments and statutory deductions are reflected accurately on TD4 slips
Research best practices to aid in the development, review and implementation of HR policies and procedures of the Corporation’s Payroll Unit
- Researching best practices and recommend initiatives to be implemented and to enhance efficiency within the unit.
- Assisting in the formulation/design and implementation of human resource policies, procedures and programs
- Reviewing existing policies and make recommendations for improvements
Perform and execute a variety of duties relating to human resources functions and programs.
- Preparing and disseminating correspondence to internal and external customers.
- Processes employee service request such as job letters.
- Responding to questions/queries from employees.
- Addressing customer needs by conveying information to external agencies.
- Coordinates and schedules annual medicals and follow up with service providers to ensure timely delivery of medical benefit.
Assist in the Management of the Payroll 123 System.
- Works with the vendor to troubleshoot system problems and test new business requirements.
Assist in the Administration of the Corporation’s Benefits plans and programmes.
- Communicating policies and programs within the schedule of benefits available to staff.
- Verifying that all documents submitted by employees for processing meet the established requirements.
- Processing Employee Savings Plan enrollments, withdrawals and closures.
- Maintaining relationships with external institutions for the provision of staff uniforms.
The selected candidate must possess the following combination of qualifications, skills, training and experience:
- Passes in five  GCE Ordinary/Level/CXC/CSEC Ordinary Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics at General Proficiency Grades 1, 2 or 3 with a maximum of 2 subjects at Grade 3
- Two (2) GCE/CAPE Advanced Level subjects
- Certificate in Business or any related discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant experience preferably in a Financial Institution
- Suitable combination of training and experience
- High confidentially and integrity
- Passion for delivering excellent customer service
- Ability to multitask and use initiative
- Sound analytical skills
- Sound communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to interact at all levels
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools
- Ability to work in teams