The objective of the Global Environment Facility (GEF) BIOREACH project is to address the threats to biodiversity and productive landscapes from issues due to unsustainable livelihood practices, forests fires and human encroachment. The project anticipates the following Components to tackle land degradation and protect biodiversity:
- Component 1: Biodiversity-supportive land use planning
- Component 2: Forest and agricultural Landscape restoration and biodiversity protection through agroecology
- Component 3: Enabling environment for green, biodiversity-friendly value chains
- Component 4: Knowledge management and monitoring
The Administrative Assistant will coordinate and perform the full range of office management support and administrative tasks for the smooth and efficient running of the Project Management Unit (PMU). The incumbent will ensure quality and consistency of the flow of office work and information in the work unit.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Administrative tasks / Management support:
- Prepare documents, (progress reports, work plans, terms of references and correspondence) and facilitate meeting arrangements and other events of the project.
- Based on the approved Annual Work Plans and Budgets (AWPB), ensure that terms of reference and contracts for project personnel and/or partners to be published, selection processes are completed, and contracts are issued.
- Maintain non-technical databases/files/records files.
- Select a variety of information from various sources as required to support the work of the PMU.
- Compile background information and reference material as appropriate to support the Technical Advisors.
- Lead on logistics and the planning of project activities (meetings, workshops, travel etc.) and mobilize required resources to ensure optimal time management and realization of the project’s outcomes.
- Review outgoing correspondence and documentation and maintain a follow-up system.
- Maintain detailed records of budget estimates, obligations and available balances; participate in the consolidation of budget proposals; prepare financial data for budget estimates and financial planning.
- Provide reports on budgetary performance of project accounts; report variations from budgets.
- Support the administration of personnel and equipment.
- Perform other related duties as required
- Monitor project budgets to ensure accuracy of financial reports.
- Ensure that contracts are delivered on time and that payments are made according to the agreed schedule.
- Follow-up on deadlines for the PMU and other project personnel.
- Maintain a filing system of administrative and financial documents.
Minimum Training and Experience:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management or related discipline.
- Minimum of four years of administrative, accounting and office management experience.
- Very good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment.
- Very good knowledge of communication and documentation standards
- Working knowledge of English.
- Very good knowledge of corporate computerized financial/travel/Human Resources systems and administrative procedures and policies
- Communications and interpersonal skills: Ability to expresses thoughts clearly, accurately and succinctly in verbal and in writing to different audiences, and ability to relate well with others and to maintain relations with cordiality and diplomacy.
- Ability to work in a multi‐cultural setting and under pressure: Ability to interact effectively with people from different cultures, ability to multi-task and remain efficient and productive under pressure.
- Effective problem-solving skills: Ability to use sound judgment and initiative, develop options and achieve outcomes.