Overview / Responsibilities
Massy Wood Ltd. is currently seeking interested candidates for the role of Quality Assurance, Quality Control Lead for a project to be based in Trinidad. The role will require previous site experience and having a background in API 650 tankage.
This request is dependent on the award of the project by the Client.
- Carry out the project specific inspection and release as detailed in the Project Quality Plan
- Conduct Review, Witness and Monitor activities as per the approved Quality Control Plans / Inspection and Test Plan
- Attend pre-inspection planning meetings / progress meetings
- Be familiar with the requisition requirements and package/equipment specifications and drawings
- Be familiar with the Suppliers / Sub-contractors Quality Control Plans/Inspection Test Plans and procedures
- Prepare and submit Supplier / Sub-contractor visit reports
- Raise Non-conformances reports and expedite their close out
- Be fully aware of concessions raised, approved and / or reject by the requisitioning engineer
- Monitor package / equipment compliance to statutory regulations (i.e. CE marking)
- Release package / equipment as per project inspection and release process (IRC)
- Review Supplier / Sub-contractor Fabrication/Certification/Data Dossiers on an ongoing basis and prior to release and endorse as appropriate
- To report promptly to the Lead Quality Engineer / Inspection Coordinator all matters related to inspection, test and release
- Provide feedback on Supplier / Sub-contractor performance upon request
- Ensure that all necessary quality records are identified and retained in accordance with company, client and regulatory requirements
- To participate (as necessary) in management visits / audits as requested
- Liaise with requisitioning engineer and buyer as appropriate
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma/Certification in Construction, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering from a recognised institution
- Certification/Training in Quality (must be based on ISO 9001 :) from a recognised (For example CQE, CQA, CQT or CQI)
- 5-10 years must be in managing quality systems in Oil & Gas or Energy
- CSWIP 3.1
- Radiographic Interpretation PCN Level.
- Must have prior API 650 Tankage experience and certifications
- Technically qualified / time served trades person with trade registrations / vocational qualifications
- Has QC Inspection experience
- An engineering and/or inspection background
- Broad knowledge of construction, fabrication and inspection techniques
- Has knowledge of management systems including ISO 9001:2008
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation, codes and standards
- Computer literate (MS Office components)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.