Responsible for preparing, analysing and coordinating new credit proposals, conducting annual reviews on an assigned portfolio of accounts, delinquency management and upselling the Bank’s products and services. Responsible for performing all duties and functions consistent with the Group’s policies and procedures, health and safety standards and business continuity responsibilities while delivering service excellence at all times.
- Performs in-depth financial analysis, economic, industry and other specific risk analysis for preparation of credit applications within specified timeframes, and in accordance with the Bank’s Credit Policy
- Performs market research to inform industry trends towards contributing to the development of Annual Business Plans in order to achieve the assigned Business Banking targets.
- Identify, solicit and recommend new business arising from the management of the existing Business Banking Portfolio, through actively monitoring the client’s business operations and industry and identifying/recommending additional financing or investment needs.
- Engages actively in marketing and cross-selling the Group’s products & services to develop ‘top of mind’ relationship with clients to increase market share and achieve assigned Team targets
- Performs diligent follow up for supporting documentation for annual reviews, renewal of collateral items, compliance with all recurring KYC/AML reporting requirements, completion and timely submission of all internal reporting requirements.
- Liaises and follows up with customers to ensure regularization of delinquent accounts which also includes taking the necessary action for recovery where applicable
- Instructs and liaises with external bodies (Attorneys, Valuators, Insurers, other Banks etc.) in the routine operation of executing duties and perfecting securities.
- Assist with preparation of various specialized internal reporting requirements in a timely and accurate manner
- Prepares and/or inputs data and submits confidential credit reports promptly for the attention of financial and other institutions upon request
- Interacts and maintains working relationships including responding to customers’ enquiries, incoming and outgoing calls both local and foreign in a courteous and timely manner consistent with operating standards and escalation to Manager where necessary.
- Maintain a hard and digital filing system to secure copies of all corporate credit proposals, collateral, supporting documentation and internal reports, to facilitate easy retrieval and availability for internal audit purposes.
- Provide prompt and courteous service to prospective customers and establish cordial working relationships within office environs to foster overall customer satisfaction.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of the Bank’s loan products / services and policies in order to respond to inquiries / concerns / or complaints directed to you by resolving those matters within your discretion.
- Maintain the confidentiality of customer information and report any unusual occurrences or fraudulent activity to the Supervisor or Manager.
- Completes special projects and other related activities as assigned by the Account Manager / Head– Business Banking Unit.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business/ Economics or related field from an accredited institution
- ACCA Level II
- A minimum of three (3) years banking experience in Credit in a Financial / Accounting or similar environment.
How to apply:
These are the requirements for applying for this job:
- Do you have a Bachelor’s Degree in a Business/ Economics or related field from an accredited institution?
- Do you have ACCA Level II?
- Do you have a minimum of three (3) years banking experience in Credit in a Financial / Accounting or similar environment?