The Technical Coordinator is responsible for related animation and gaming technologies and supporting systems of the TTAP Factory, and has overall responsibility for the workflow improvement of animation and game projects.
- Ensures the production system meets all technical and security standards compliant with best practices and clients' requirements; ensures the production system (including software, hardware, network, and procedures) is appropriately certified;
- Collaborates with other core team members to develop the overall vision and determine technical feasibility;
- Prepares reports, manuals, and other documentation on the status, operation, and maintenance of software and related hardware;
- Researches, troubleshoots and applies solutions for new technologies;
- Acts as technical liaison between internal and external parties in the analysis, design, implementation, configuration, and testing of systems software and hardware;
- Prepares status reports and recommends technical solutions; coordinates efforts between internal and external stakeholders, and provides updates to management.
- Resolves system problems and recommends the best methods of applying new technologies for the most critical systems;
- Researches and implements new technologies; evaluates new system application requests and prioritizes application requests;
- Reviews and re-designs business processes and workflows;
- Develops and establishes coding standards and maintains efficient coding practices;
- Maintains and improves security for production area and personnel access;
- Creates and maintains annual technology budgets;
- Records service contracts, maintenance schedules and other essential timelines for equipment and services.
- Liases with IT personnel, vendors and other stakeholders to ensure the effective operation of all TTAP systems.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related technical field; or a demonstration of hands-on-experience in high level projects that demonstrates key competencies;
- 5+ years' experience in similar role in the animation or related industry with solid evidence of success
- Excellent programming and systems design skills (identify any required languages)
- Knowledge and expertise of 3D animation programs (identify programs)
- Knowledge of configuration and implementation of animation software and related technology
- Knowledge of all parts of animation pipelines, having a strong understanding of all jobs within a pipeline, what these involve, the needs and challenges of the roles
- Experience in managing technical projects and teams with competing priorities
- Advanced experience in core engine development, networking, gameplay, and tool development
- Excellent communication skills