The Team Leader – Group Insurance Sales is responsible for generating new business through distribution channels and retain existing clients through relationships by ensuring service commitments are met.
- To promote the sale of Group products through brokers, agents and other distribution channels identified
- To develop relationships with potential clients; maintain relationships with existing clients so they are aware of the products and services of the Company
- To develop staff within the department by monitoring their performance and providing feedback on their performance
- To promote and rollout Value Added Services to all distribution channels
- To ensure that appropriate systems and procedures are in place, to monitor the department’s efficiency and quality and to seek ways to improve
- To keep abreast of market development and trends; to monitor the activities of our competitors
- To perform any other job related duties as assigned by the Manager, Group Insurance Sales.
- First Degree in Management, Business Administration or a related field from a recognized tertiary level educational institution.
- 5 CXC/ CSEC passes including Mathematics and English Language
- 2 A’ Level/ CAPE passes
- LOMA 280, 290, ACS 100 and all related parts
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3 years experience at a Supervisory level
- Sales experience in a related industry
- Good Product Knowledge
The role of the Team Leader – GIS will lead the Account Executive team for new business and retention. The TL will also oversee the role out of value added service and projects where the Account Executives is tasked with implementation. The job requires high level of organization skills, managerial skills, attention to detail and ability to meet strict internal deadlines. The incumbent must be able to provide status reports and explore other alternatives when results are not being met.