This position will be primarily responsible for the cost-effective purchasing or contracting for all equipment, materials and services required while ensuring that corporate and ethical policies are adhered to. The incumbent will be responsible for the procurement needs for commodities and services required by user departments, including souring and managing supply, preparation of Quotations, Tenders and Proposals in accordance with the company’s Purchasing Policy and Guidelines. He/She must ensure that their role contributes to a maximization of efficiency and cost effectiveness and ensure a constant supply of superior quality raw material.
- Responsible and accountable for stock levels (ensuring no overstock or shortages); demand and supply planning for assigned brands; non stock purchases e.g. capex, vehicle maintenance, services etc.; Logistics end to end for assigned brands.
- Analyses trends using various sources of data to deliver key insights for decision making.
- Designs, develops, and maintain tables, formulas, and graphs in Microsoft Excel as well as set up tables, queries, and reports in Microsoft GP or similar ERP program.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive presentations and reports, and present financial and operational information clearly and succinctly.
- Skill in communicating complex ideas effectively, both orally and in writing, and making presentations to large groups. Ability to work well with all levels of management and employees.
- Liaises with suppliers to ascertain their ability to meet the company’s specific requirements in terms of performance, prices and delivery, so as to make the best selection on the basis of such information.
- Sources from a wide market base where applicable with a view of obtaining the best quality at the best price. Applies company and franchisee guidelines as required.
- Support in price negotiations with suppliers and shows understanding of the economic environment for the purposes of comparison so as to make the best purchase, in keeping with budgetary limitations/ Recommends purchasing strategies to take advantage of economic order quantities, prices and deliveries.
- Establishes and maintains effective communications with vendors and department heads.
- Keeps records of costs, deliveries and supplier performance and discusses same with user departments with a view to ratification by suppliers or change in specifications or change of suppliers.
- Maintains stock at optimum economic levels consistent with operational demands.
- Reviews stock movements and initiates changes in stock levels where analysis suggests the established control parameters were inappropriate.
- Ensures that all purchasing documents are properly completed and authorized.
- Liaises with Accounts Payables for purposes of resolving problems and ensuring smooth information flow amongst sections.
- Provides follow-up action on all outstanding purchase orders and expedites where necessary.
- Ensures the maintenance of accurate inventory of tools and equipment and records location and movement.
- Plans and organizes the logistics associated with prompt delivery of materials and/or services to the Company/ Ensures that purchases are expedited, as required.
- Develops and maintains catalogue on supplier data and market information on prices, suppliers, discounts.
- Ensures compliance with the Company’s standard purchasing procedures.
- Must participate in the Company’s monthly stock taking exercise.
- Performs other related duties as may be required by the job function.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience
- A minimum of three (5) years’ experience in purchasing.
- Food and Beverage experience would be an asset. Food, beverage, and related procurement experience will be considered an asset.
- Certificate or Diploma in Purchasing from the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply or other appropriate qualifications.
- Proficiency in MS Suite of Products
- Advanced Microsoft Excel i.e. Data Analysis using Power Query; Power Pivot
- Working Knowledge of MS Great Plains
- Working knowledge of MS Sharepoint
- Experience with Data visualization software considered an asset.