The incumbent has overall responsibility and accountability for managing the Sales, Client Relations and Business Development activities of the Company and its related Companies (hereinafter referred to as “The Group”). The incumbent will manage the delivery of enhanced customer relationships and profitability, alongside identifying and converting opportunities for new business growth in Trinidad and the wider Caribbean region. The position holder will have responsibility for leading discussions and negotiations to formal tenders and informal proposals. The role will also ensure that all Client contracts are managed professionally and that risks are appropriately mitigated and in line with the Group’s standards. A key responsibility of the role is to achieve the strategic direction ensuring all the operational requirements and processes are attained whilst meeting the expectations of our Clients and Customers.
Sales & Business Development:
- Identifying, developing, and researching leads for generating new revenue streams, developing sales strategies while identifying opportunities with existing customers to expand and add value to the Group’s existing service base.
- Managing, developing, coaching, and motivating the sales force to develop their skills to while ensuring all professional standards, monthly sales targets and KPIs are achieved.
- Providing new innovation to operations and business development.
- Servicing a limited number of current accounts to maintain existing business base.
- Monitoring goals and provide recommendations to address any shortfall. Provide the necessary reports as identified by management on the status of prospects and active Clients.
- Responsible for all aspects of formulating proposals and the tendering process.
- Working with the Project Team for new product launches.
- Attending trade shows and identify and communicate market trend needs, and competitive information.
- Identifying gaps in services to Clients with an aim to “up-sell” services by promoting and delivering additional services or solution e.g. compromise Collections Campaigns across Tier 1 and 2 Clients.
Client Relations & Management:
- Presenting a positive image of the Group through first class service delivery and customer engagement, building effective relationships across the business.
- The effective management and control of commercial contracts, minimising risk to the business unit and maximising gross profit and profitable growth, inclusive of but not limited to contract escalation, variation and renewal processes.
- Maintaining a forward flowing relationship with the Group’s Tier 1 Clients, meeting with Clients on a quarterly, semi-annual and annual basis in order to continuously seek and capitalise on opportunities to exceed the expectations of Clients/Customers by placing a keen interest on understanding and effectively resolving customer-impacting issues in a professional and result-oriented manner.
- Implementing and maintaining a CRM system for current and potential Clients ensuring profiles and record-keeping are always up-to-date.
- Interfacing with internal departments to provide feedback and implement solutions to manage all Call Centre and Customer impacting issues including system issues, new product launches, change in process, pricing variations etc.
- Working with internal departments & Subject Matter Experts to ensure optimal service quality to achieve Client satisfaction in accordance with Service Level Agreements.
- Ensuring key contract Stakeholders are fully aware of all relevant contractual obligations.
- Working with the Head, IT to ensure that the organisation’s approach to data protection, security and retention complies with best practice, and that policies and procedures are effectively implemented.
- Analyse and report KPIs internally and Clients as required.
- Performing and maintaining a comprehensive service comparison for all service offerings and recommend improvements.
- Identifying and ensuring all Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) targets are met through effective strategic planning by liaising with the relevant Managers within the stipulated timeframe set by Management. This includes coaching, performance management, training, etc.
- Develop and manage the OPEX budget for the department.
- Effective supervision of direct reports through Human Resource related activities of the team to ensure growth and development to achieve department objectives and sustainability. Treating with all disciplinary matters including recommending appropriate disciplinary action in accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures.
Perform other duties that may be assigned.
- A First Degree in Business Management or a related field from a recognised, accredited institution
- An MBA in a related field from a recognised, accredited institution
- IACC/ACA’s Professional Collection Specialist Certificate or similar Debt Collections certification would be considered an asset
- Sound working knowledge and understanding of Credit and Collections procedures
- Sound working knowledge of legal regulations related to Collections activities
- Experience in management reporting including budgeting, forecasting and monthly financial reporting
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in a similar position with at least five (5) years’ in a managerial capacity
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the financial industry
- Experience in a unionised environment would be considered an asset
- Proven experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
- Proven experience with Collections Software
- Proven track-record in driving, achieving and exceeding targets