Responsible for the day to day activities related to the tax administration of the company’s businesses in the Oil and Gas Sector.
- Preparation of Annual and Quarterly Tax Returns, VAT Returns, Withholding Tax payments and other government payments and returns within stipulated deadlines
- Forecasting of tax payments for effective cash flow management
- Preparation of monthly and annual tax provisions
- Primary liaison for government audits, including but not limited to, gathering information and supporting documentation in response to audit notices and information requests
- Internal reporting and monitoring of fiscal risks
- Analysis and assistance in managing tax risks
- Representation at non-operated assets Finance and Tax Sub-Committees and Management meetings
- Supervision and coordination of tax advisors in execution of regional tax compliance and advice
- Support management in making strategic tax decisions
- Degree in Accounting or Business Administration with Accounting/Tax major
- Experience in tax compliance and accounting for income taxes under IFRS
- Previous experience working with SAP and Microsoft office tools.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong analytical skills
- Extremely strong attention to process and detail
- Should be able to work independently
- Ability to work with and communicate results and interpretations to a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication
- Knowledge of Spanish will be an asset
- Pro-active approach to problem solving