The storeroom clerk fills requisitions from either the beverage storeroom, housekeeping storeroom or the food storeroom to bring hotel outlets up to par. The storeroom clerk will also help to receive goods from vendors and stocks items within the storeroom. The Storeroom Attendant performs routine manual and clerical duties for the Purchasing Department. This person will be responsible for the logging, releasing and inventorying items in the Storeroom area. This person must be able to lift moderate to heavy amounts of weight (50 to 200lbs) and possess basic computer skills (MS Word and MS Excel).
Position Responsibilities/ Essential Functions
- Assist the food buyer and other storeroom clerks in filling requisitions made by hotel outlets some of which are delivered to the kitchen or point of use
- Assist in receiving dry products ,meats ,fresh produce and stocking the items within the storerooms
- Assist the food buyer in taking inventory of storeroom in order to make an accurate order of product
- Maintain a clean environment in the storeroom ,chiller and freezer
- Help other areas of the purchasing department when workload becomes heavy
- Extend requisitions in the computer using Microsoft Excel
- Weigh all meat and seafood deliveries prior to signing and accepting merchandise
- Weigh all fresh produce that is required
- Fresh produce deliveries are met with global storeroom
- Date and rotate all products received and store in the walk-in cooler, freezer and dry storeroom
- Other projects and duties as required/assigned.
- Follow all GBAC procedures in place
- Verify accuracy of all items and prices on invoices to reflect with the purchase order
- Filing and issuing of cheques to suppliers
- Regular checks for expiration of shelf items
- FIFO policy is always in place
- Weekly list of slowing / obsolete items.
- Regular checks for weevil or any type insects
- Temperature checks of chiller and freezer are log weekly
- Waste tracking sheets are filled out monthly
- At least 2 years experince in the inventory and warehouse industry.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to complete assignments accurately and in a timely manner with attention to detail;
- The ability to lift, push, pull and carry heavy amounts of weight (50 to 200lbs);
- Intermediate level computer skills (proficiency in MS Excel & MS Word);
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- A true desire to satisfy the need of others;
- A great team player;
- Adjust and adapt to new situations