As the Consumer Marketing Manager, Responsibility for the implementation of BBNW for the category(s)/ brand(s) as assigned (utilizing BBNW tools), in line with the stated ambitions within the market MBS. Develops deep consumer and category understanding, leveraging data-powered insight to support the achievement of strong brand building results and business performance objectives for regional Coffee portfolio. Implements the OMP and develops a strong ICP for the Coffee category and brands to enable sustainable profitable growth. Leads the development of the I&R strategy for the Coffee category to capture growth/market share opportunities and drives the I&R process, working closely with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure on-time implementation project plans that deliver strong added value differentiation within the category. Alongside the BEO, defines the Brand Strategy and aligns the Creative, Media and Digital Agencies, in order to develop strong Consumer Communication and Digital Engagement strategies to build strong purpose-driven brands (leveraging SBU category roadmaps/guidance as available). Leads the definition of the Portfolio Strategy and drives the implementation of the Pricing Strategy for the Coffee category and brands, working closely with cross-functional teams as needed. Responsibility for planning and ensuring the execution of Brand Activations that connect with Consumers, as well as working closely with the Commercial team (CDT: CDM, TMM), Business Development Managers in NCI) to ensure relevant activities are developed to drive sell-out toward the achievement of the stated category/ brand performance targets.
A day in the life of...
- Drives a mindset toward Category Leadership and Market Share growth. Develops deep consumer and category understanding, leveraging data-powered insight to build plans that support the achievement of strong brand building results and business performance objectives. In collaboration with Category / Channel and Customer teams, also leverages shopper insight to ensure excellence throughout the value-chain to enhance Consumer/Shopper interactions with the Coffee category and brands assigned. Leveraging the BEP tool, develops a strong and ownable Brand Idea which defines brand differentiation vs. competition and uses this as the foundation for winning consumer communication and digital campaigns. Chooses target consumers by using attractiveness and ability to win, develops Consumer Insight, understands target consumer's perceived value of brand(s), and determines the appropriate pricing strategy to deliver profitable growth. Understands consumer needs so as to define clearly the role of each product within the portfolio and to determine portfolio gaps to anticipate future growth opportunities.
- Defines the role of the Category/Brand Portfolio, leveraging various tools (e.g. SRM, BPO) to deliver a strategically relevant and profitable portfolio. Through I&R delivers the tastiest (strong consumer preference) and healthiest food/beverage experiences within the category(s)/brand(s) assigned in a way that contributes to CSV and meets NHW commitments. Leverages the Innovate Bigger, Bolder, Better mindset to define and lead the implementation of Innovation strategies that deliver sustainable profitable growth, market share gain and competitive differentiation. Works closely with the I&R/Consumer Insights Manager and Market Nutritionist to define and align portfolio strategy plans.
- Creation of engaging brand experiences to Consumers when and where they are most receptive to brand contacts. Challenges the status quo to develop breakthrough ideas with the support of the Creative, Media and Digital Service agencies and Brand Activation Coordination team. Supports the development and maintenance of productive and collaborative partnerships with Communication, Digital and Media Agencies in order to create engaging, brand building communication and activation activities. Responsibility for the development of outstanding creative work, 100% aligned to all applicable Nestlé Communication principles, with guidance and final approval from the BEO. Leads Digital Strategy for the category(s)/ brand(s) assigned. Exhibits expertise and interest, across the key pillars of Digital and Market Digital Roadmap (Search/ Digital Consumer Engagement/ Programmatic/ Metrics that Matter, POEM), continuously building functional competency in Digital, working closely with the internal and external Digital Acceleration teams. Digital Strategy must be clearly treated as part of the foundation of a strong, winning brand building strategy.
What will make you successful
- Bsc. in Business/ Marketing
- Master's: in Management Studies would be asset
- 4+ years commercial experience, Previous experience in Sales and Marketing - Demonstrable record of success in a customer facing role.
- Understands customers and the selling process
- Understands key business functions