As a Digital Operator, Digicel is in the business of delivering powerful digital experiences 1440 minutes of each day to customers – that’s every minute, all day, every day.
Through its world-class LTE and fibre networks, together with its suite of 8 apps spanning sports (SportsMax), music (D’Music), news (Loop), local radio and podcasts (GoLoud), TV streaming (PlayGo), enhanced messaging and marketplaces (BiP), cloud storage (Billo) and self-care (MyDigicel app), Digicel is the only operator in its markets that can deliver that.
Serving consumer and business customers in 32 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Pacific, its investments of over US$7 billion and a commitment to its communities through its Digicel Foundations in Haiti, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea and Trinidad & Tobago have contributed to positive outcomes for over 3 million people to date.
With its Better Together brand, Digicel is making a promise of simply more to customers and communities and its 7,000 employees worldwide work together to make that a powerful reality day in, day out.
Key Purpose of the Role:
- Design and implement functional enterprise network infrastructure (LAN, WAN, Cloud)
- Configure and install software, servers, router, firewalls and other network devices
- Monitor Network performance and integrity
- Resolve issues, tiers of support have escalated by troubleshooting cloud and local infrastructure
- Automate tasks and monitor their effectiveness
- Create, oversee and test security measures(e.g. access authentication and disaster recovery)
- Virtual server deployment and management
- Maintain complete technical documentation
- Suggest improvements to network performance, security, capacity and scalability
- Responsible for network architecture design, feasibility and cost
- Responsible for Cyber Security and compliance
- Responsible for Cloud hosted platforms and technology
- Ad Hoc requirements as required by the business and approved by the GITM
- Achieve team and company objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science
- Certified CompTIA, Microsoft, Linux or Cisco network professional
- ITIL Certification
- Cyber Security or related field
- AWS Solutions Architect
- Minimum 5 years in a similar role.
- Extensive knowledge of network connectivity, technologies, protocols and security.
- Extensive knowledge of IT Service Management
- Extensive knowledge of virtual server management and Cloud platforms
- Comprehensive knowledge of Telecoms
- Functional knowledge of project management methodologies
- Leadership - with a keen focus on accountability
- Time management and Organizational skills
- Self-motivated (works with little supervision)
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Critical/logical thinking.
- Strong planning skills