The Senior Investment Analyst will work across the Investment Services Department and assist with principal investment and asset management activities. ANSA Merchant Bank’s Investment Services department adopts a very flat operating structure affording the opportunity to participate in a broad range of responsibilities, thereby creating opportunities for upward mobility.
- Work with the investment analysts in the department to coordinate research activities and in the preparation of investment reports / recommendations.
- Prepare written investment recommendations and reviews across multiple asset classes in order to achieve target returns for the various portfolios under management.
- Utilize financial models for valuation purposes, e.g., Dividend Discount Model for local equities etc.
- Responsible for organizing and analyzing sophisticated financial data used in client proposals, investments and strategic plans
- Conduct comparative/industry analysis and economic/financial research with regard to companies in the local and global economies.
- Perform reviews on various securities within the ‘Daily Price Monitor’ that have breached their investment monitoring limit.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly investment related reports which goes to the Board and Investment Committee.
- Assist in the preparation and review of budgetary targets and operating plans for the portfolios under management.
- Prepare investor presentation materials such as power point presentations etc.
- Provide support to the ‘Manager Investments’ with regard to the management of investment portfolios, various reports and other ad hoc functions.
Qualifications & Experience
- Chartered Financial Analyst designation or working towards that qualification is encouraged
- Degree in a related subject (e.g. Business, Economics or Science)
- 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Multi-disciplinary expertise with significant investment knowledge and experience
- Ability to monitor portfolio risk and post-trade compliance.
- Self-drive, seeking continued development and self-improvement
- Ability to raise issues when required and map out steps for resolution, working with internal and external parties
- Commitment to provide high quality work to occasionally pressing deadlines
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude with a desire to continue to improve processes and help drive the department forward
- Ability to work effectively within a fast moving environment
- Good communicator and team player
- Advanced Microsoft Office capabilities and proficient in the use of the Bloomberg Terminal
How to apply:
These are the requirements for applying for this job:
- Do you have a Degree in a related subject (e.g. Business, Economics or Science)?
- Do you have 2-5 years of relevant experience?
- Do you have a Chartered Financial Analyst designation or working towards that qualification?