The incumbent is responsible for the management of the all the internal audit projects in the assigned sectors. This includes contributing towards the development of the audit plan, driving complete execution of the audit plan and driving Management towards high level of governance. The incumbent is also responsible for coaching junior members of the internal audit team.
- Evaluates key risks in the audit areas, establish audit objectives, audit scope and create audit programs.
- Leads risk based financial, operational and compliance Internal Audits, business performance reviews and special investigations in accordance with the department’s risk management framework and International Standards on Internal Auditing as prescribed by the IIA.
- Supports the Group Head, Internal Audit in the enhancement of good corporate governance across the Group and in particular, driving compliance with Blue Books Policies.
- Drives improvement in the organization’s processes and controls.
- Identifies ”leading practices”- which can be deployed across the Group.
- Establishes a reputation of being a value-added service to the business and corporate functions.
- Develops timetables and schedules in order to manage the audit plan effectively.
- Ensures the timely completion of audit fieldwork by directly supervising support staff and reviewing their work papers ensuring that the documentation standards have been satisfied.
- Communicates audit results to business unit management, internal audit management and the Audit Committee.
- Prepares governance reports as needed such as scorecards and Parent Board reports.
- Develops audit staff by effective supervision, the provision of on the job training and performing assessments of their training needs.
- Effectively monitors and reports on the implementation of corrective action by audit clients.
- Performs consulting and other assignments as needed.
- Provides support on issues relating to internal controls, remediation advice, regulatory requirements and other compliance areas.
- Sensitizes the Group Head, Internal Audit to issues pertaining to or indicative of fraudulent type activities or exposures.
- ACCA, CIA, CISA qualification or Degree in an Accounting or related field.
- A Master’s degree will be considered an asset
- 8-10 years’ experience in an Audit/Accounting environment
- At least 2 years working within the industry
How to apply:
- Do you have a ACCA, CIA, CISA qualification or Degree in an Accounting or related field?
- Do you have 8-10 years’ experience in an Audit/Accounting environment?