Overview / Responsibilities
Massy Wood Ltd. is currently seeking expressions of interest for the role of Chemical and Process Engineer for a potential project to be based in Trinidad.
- Assist in the conduct of Regulatory Compliance Exercises (e.g. emissions rate calculations to support compliance with pollution rules).
- Perform value engineering which can include reverse engineering, opportunity studies, cost/benefit analyses and other forms of analysis and research.
- Perform process engineering functions including process simulations, process optimization, flow assurance studies, steady state and transient analysis and general process calculations required in the oil and gas and/or petrochemical industries.
- Perform process engineering design of onshore and onshore oil and gas and/or petrochemical facilities. Process engineering will include:
- a. conceptual and detailed facility and equipment design;
- b. peer review and optimisation of existing designs;
- c. development of process control;
- d. plant layout, site selection and material selection; and
- e. vent design and flare calculations.
- Develop and revise process flow diagrams, P&IDs, heat and material balances and cause and effect matrices.
- Develop and revise control, safety and operation philosophies and procedures including drafting of associated operating checklists and QA/QC technical audit requirements.
- Participate and/or lead Process Hazard Analysis utilised in the Energy Sector. These can include but not be limited to HAZID, HAZOP, SAFOP and LOPA.
- Evaluate alternative options and process configurations and identify key parameters and uncertainties. This includes selecting the best concept based on economics, robustness, and HSE, validation of a prepared basis for designs and developing Capex estimates for various alternative concepts.
- Participate in technical reviews of bid tenders.
Skills / Qualifications
- First Degree in Chemical & Process Engineering (BSc, BEng).
- Membership of a professional body preferred.
- Typically a minimum of 5-8 years’ relevant experience.
- National citizen or permanent resident of Trinidad & Tobago
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.