DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides administrative assistance, such as writing and editing e-mails, drafting correspondence and preparing communications on behalf of the Chief Executive Officer and/or Corporate Secretary.
- Maintains comprehensive and accurate records for both the offices of Chief Executive Officer and Corporate Secretary.
- Organizes meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders, and organizing catering when necessary.
- Liaising and following up with Departmental Managers on matters which are due to the Chief Executive Officer and/or Corporate Secretary.
- Assists in the preparation of presentations on behalf of the Chief Executive Officer and Corporate Secretary to internal and external parties.
- Follows up and responds to emails and letters from external and internal stakeholders as directed by the Chief Executive Officer and Corporate Secretary.
- Maintains and updates where necessary effective office management systems, including data management and filing for both the offices of Chief Executive Officer and Corporate Secretary.
- Manages telephone calls, enquiries and requests, with appropriate follow-up systems in place as and when appropriate.
- Arranges and manages the daily and weekly appointment schedules for offices of Chief Executive Officer and Corporate Secretary, including making appointments, meetings particularly those of the Board and Sub-Committees and prioritizing the most sensitive matters.
- Follows up on requests for approval to procure services and the necessary payment procedure thereafter as it relates to the offices of Chief Executive Officer and Corporate Secretary.
- Liaises with contractors, suppliers, staff and the general public as directed by his/her direct reporting Manager.
- Records minutes of meetings.
- Performs all related duties as may be required from time to time..
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High degree of confidentiality
- High degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge of methods and techniques of office management.
- Ability to coordinate administrative programmes and to evaluate their effectiveness.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- First Degree in Business Management/ Administrative Professional Secretary or similar qualification.
- Computer Literacy certification.
- A minimum typing speed of 70 wpm.
- Five (5) or more years’ experience providing high level administrative support to executive management