To supervise agent’s Hapag Lloyd business as it relates to all shipping businesses and ensure that all the necessary policies are followed, and documentations captured to ensure full compliance of both ASL and Hapag Lloyd regulations.
- Assist to achieve monthly sales targets and ensure business specific to HAPAG LLOYD Export transactions, meet specified budgets, through new business and up/cross-selling current accounts.
- Oversee the operations of HAPAG LLOYD Export Marketing Coordinator/s.
- Oversee the day to day operations of Group Shipments/Third Party accounts to ensure there are no issues.
- Liaise with HAPAG LLOYD Export Marketing Coordinator to ensure all document, not limited to Invoices and Bill of Ladings, are verified and submitted to customers, within a timely manner, according to business practices and requirements.
- Provide customers with freight quotes as per HAPAG LLOYD schedules.
- Request and negotiate rates from HAPAG LLOYD on behalf of Third Party clients.
- Visit HAPAG LLOYD main customers on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that daily, monthly and weekly revenue reports are developed, accurate and submitted on time to the relevant Departments and Principals.
- Ensure bookings are created in the system and confirmation is forwarded to customers in a timely manner.
- Ensure customers are updated on the status of their shipments in a timely manner.
- Ensure responses to rate request and other queries from customers, are handled in a timely manner.
- Assist with negotiating freight rates as required.
- Forward financial statements to Group and Third-Party customers, as required.
- Assist with promoting HAPAG LLOYD services to new and existing customers.
- Any other related duties as required by the function.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops (identified by Senior Management); reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Any other duties as requires by the function.
Qualifications & Experience:
- At least five (5) subjects which includes English and Mathematics at CXC level
- Extensive knowledge of the Shipping Industry
- A minimum of 3 – 4 years’ experience in Sales
- Knowledge of Imports/Export
Additional Skills Required:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the market/industry
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Passionate about marketing and sales
How to apply:
These are the requirements for applying for this job:
- Do you have at least five (5) subjects which includes English and Mathematics at CXC level?
- Do you have extensive knowledge of the Shipping Industry?
- Do you have a minimum of 3 - 4 years’ experience in Sales?