The incumbent is required to plan, coordinate and manage resources and activities in the day-to-day operation, ensure governance, probability and the management of the expenditure.
- Effectively drive the growth of the Customs Brokerage Department.
- Ensure budgetary targets are achieved and reconcile Brokerage revenue to ensure all service fees are accurately captured for both group and non-Group consignments.
- Support the team to ensure optimum performance of the Customs Clerk and take corrective actions for performance failures.
- Prioritize assignments, outline the procedure leading up to cargo clearance and ensure deadlines by the Ports, Customs, Truckers and Carriers are met.
- Ensure all customs paperwork are accurately prepared and processed and clearance of cargo are affected in accordance to KPI.
- Report all abnormalities affecting KPIs to customers via phone and email to avoid ambiguity, claims and complaints.
- Ensure status reports/updates are sent to customers efficiently and accurately.
- Assist with the preparation and processing of eC82, Agency Releases via TTBizLink.
- Assist with the preparation and processing of Amendments/Change to Reads, Customs queries.
- Conduct follow ups with Transportation Contractors to ensure containers are collected/delivered within the contracts timeline.
- Ensure shipments do not incur rent and demurrage due to negligence.
- Ensure daily worksheets and checklists are accurately prepared and completed at all times.
- Ensure all Customs procedures are accurately documented and maintained.
- Ensure at all times, customers are kept updated on the processing of documents, approvals and clearance of their shipments both verbal and in writing.
- Perform all duties in conformance with the appropriate health, safety, security and environmental procedures.
- Performs all other duties as assigned and requested by management.
- A minimum of a Customs Grade 3 Qualification
- A Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience
- A Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar environment
- Strong knowledge of the Shipping Industry with solid planning, execution, and implementation skills
- In depth knowledge of the Customs Tariff, Excise Act, Transportation and Trade Laws
- In depth knowledge of ASYCUDA, ACE and Port Electronic System
- Proficient in MS Office and any other tools utilized in the Supply Chain System
How to apply:
These are the requirements for applying for this job:
- Do you have a minimum of a Customs Grade (3) three qualification?
- Do you have a minimum of (5) five years supervisory experience?
- Do you have a minimum of (5) five years’ experience in a similar environment?