KPMG in Trinidad and Tobago is expanding its Audit practice and is seeking to hire talented, highly motivated Audit professionals who can work within a structured client service process and a proven risk-management methodology on the Audit team.
To carry out audit field work, evaluating and reporting on an organization’s financial statements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of an assignment, including planning, fieldwork and completion and will to be able to deal with the more complex aspects of audit
- Prepare audit working papers in accordance with KPMG policies
- Produce work for the Staff Accountant, Audit Senior, Manager and Partner review – clearly highlighting issue and providing potential solutions to issues identified
- Assisting other audit team members
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
- Active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and assist in the efficient execution of the audit
- All duties are required to be performed with a high level of attention to detail and sometimes under time constraints to meet specified deadlines.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified ACCA or pursuing ACCA, CIMA, CFA, CGMA, CPA or equivalent or a First Degree in Accounting or a related discipline
- Previous audit experience is an asset
- A good understanding of KPMG Audit methodology and Financial Statements, including good working knowledge of IFRSs is an asset
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good people management skills
- Excellent communication skills- both oral and written
- Shows initiative and flexibility
- Service oriented and eager to learn
- Team player
- Ability to analyze basic accounting information
- Good organizational skills and a positive work attitude
Candidates who have experience with audit methodologies and procedures in a Big 4 Audit firm will have a distinct advantage.
Compensation and benefits are very competitive and will be commensurate with experience.
We thank all interested applicants however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.