Partner with the best
As a Chemical Service Representative, you will have the opportunity to develop a professional career with our business. Your role will include, pump maintenance, chemical transfers, inventory control, and laboratory analysis all while shaping excellent relationships and delivering value to customers. You will be a critical part of our technical team while collaborating with external teams.
As a Chemical Service Representative, you will be responsible for:
· Working safely and adhering to all Baker Hughes and Customer Health, Safety and Environment policies and guidelines to ensure compliance.
· Conducting routine chemical and physical analyses by running tests required for research development or QC of processes or procedures.
· Assisting technical support personnel in compiling, analyzing, and interpreting results to internal/external customers.
· Communicating results to supervisor in a detailed manner.
· Performing chemical surveillance and ensuring the chemical pump is operating at the right rate.
· Maintaining chemical pump function, inventory surveillance and ordering and bunkering of chemicals.
· Handling special projects, as assigned.
· Managing chemical inventories, placing chemical orders and deliveries to ensure adequate stock levels are maintained.
· Performing necessary field, lab testing and injection system monitoring to ensure optimization of treatment programs.
· Imputing data and documentation of day to day activities.
· Building relationships with internal cross-functional teams and customers to ensure a flawless delivery and execution of projects.
· Performing other related duties as required
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
· Have a High School Diploma with 5+ years’ experience in oil and gas environment or Associate's Degree with 3+ years’ experience or Bachelor's Degree with 2+ years’ experience.
· Ability to run appropriate chemical evaluations on water, oil and solid samples.
· Demonstrate knowledge of specialty oilfield production chemicals.
· Show a good understanding of industrial safety protocols
· Demonstrate an Analytical aptitude
· Ability to work independently.
· Have experience working in a laboratory setting
· Have experience working in an oil and gas plant
· Have some experience in Safe Chemical Handling Practices
· Have basic math skills and show a understanding of IT such as MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
If this role is based in the United States, Canada, Trinidad & Tobago, and Guyana, as part of our commitment to the health & safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
· This role is working with our customer on-site. When onsite, you will have the flexibility to work in line with customer working patterns and demands.
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
· Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
· Comprehensive private medical care options
· Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
· Tailored financial programs
· Additional elected or voluntary benefits