Reporting to the Zanmi Lasante Senior Director of Finance and based in Port-au-Prince, Haiti, the Finance Grant Manager will be responsible for the financial management of a portfolio of grants, including a multi-million dollar federal award. This position will focus on financial effectiveness, donor accountability, and regulatory compliance.
- Establish and maintain project financial tracking tools.
- Lead budget and budget narrative development processes, working closely with the programmatic team to understand program activities and implementation plan.
- Monitor cash flow and spend across grants to ensure appropriate expense allocation, adherence to budgets, and compliance with donor’s operational and contractual requirements.
- Prepare monthly internal financial reports for all grants; work with project teams to review and analyze spend against budgets, identify variances and determine action needed.
- Prepare timely and accurate donor financial reports that comply with all donor regulations.
- Monitor and strengthen financial grant management and compliance systems related to post-award activities including the review of procurement and human resource procedures, asset management, appropriate allocation of expenses, regular spending reviews with key stakeholders, and risk identification; design and implement strategies that address financial performance issues; identify, escalate, and coordinate responses to financial performance issues.
- Provide site-based accountants the necessary training and support so they have knowledge on the strengthening of internal controls, accurate records maintenance, and important donor regulations.
- Manage project-specific financial audits and ensure audit findings and recommendations are addressed and closed in a timely manner.
- Manage and monitor subrecipient and subcontractor financial reports and practices for adherence to budget and donor requirements
- Respond promptly to all ad-hoc donor requests that relate to financial matters.
- 5-6 years of experience managing finance for U.S. government funded grants or contracts, ensuring compliance with contract terms and activities implemented according to contract and budget.
- MBA or undergraduate degree with a concentration in finance or accounting
- In-depth knowledge of USG financial management rules and regulations required
- Excellent financial and accounting skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Ability to learn new software and systems quickly
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in English and Haitian Creole/French required
- Interest in social justice strongly desirable.