The BSS Voice Engineer is responsible for providing effective and efficient technical support for all Core nodes, implementing and relating testing of new software and hardware, and conducting fit-for-purpose analysis of trends to plan and implement expansion(s) within the Digicel network.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Customer Focus: Continuously seeks and capitalizes on opportunities to exceed the expectations of customers (internal and external) by placing a keen interest on understanding and effectively resolving customer-impacting issues in a professional and result-oriented manner. Takes ownership of all customer issues till resolved. Positive attitude and dedication to improve the customer’s experience.
- Network Design: Responsible for the Planning, Implementation and expansion of the NSS/BSS/RAN layer of Mobile network to ensure support growth of subscriber base and offered services. This also includes the domestic interconnects and international networks.
- Operation and Maintenance: Ensure all Switching Core Node Routines are conducted with immediate follow up on all exceptions. This should include documentation of procedures and recording systems to reflect the same.
- Node Configuration: Oversee the design, installation, configuration and troubleshooting of network elements such as MSC, BSC, HLR, MGW, RNC, HSS and ITPs.
- Quality of Service: Perform routine IREG QoS testing to ensure that our roaming partners can access our network and modify network routing based on Roaming Partners IR21 changes. Perform international call testing to ensure call quality is within the MOS standards.
- System Records: Ensures that high level/low level design documents, service catalogues and network diagrams are created and updated for the Core Switching Network. Develops configuration management system, training manuals and troubleshooting processes for all node configurations.
- Network Troubleshooting: Ensure all fault related queries and/or internal service tickets meet the define SLAs. Ensure all customer issues are resolved in a timely manner with detailed analysis to determine root cause and follow up activities. Provide Technical support for other Markets as required.
- Network Analysis and KPIs: Preparation and analysis of KPI reports reflecting the state of the network to the business and other stakeholders. Review the network design based on these to suggest optimization methods. Perform monthly capacity planning updates to review all inter site capacities and international capacity for current and predicted subscriber base.
- Network Processes: Continuously enforces documented processes and be able to make recommendations to optimize or create new processes where needed.
- System Monitoring: Development of Core Switching dashboards which clearly define service performance trends and functional performance of the Switching network. Monitor this dashboard as part of operational routines for detection of issues and capacity planning.
- SLAs: Work with and support Technology Operations to ensure all SLA targets are met or exceeded.
- Change Control: Ensure that the Change Control process is followed and that all changes are adequately planned with sufficient review to achieve 100% change success.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to that position.
- BSc. Degree in Electrical/Communications Engineering or Computer engineering/software engineering.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of experience in a similar environment.
- Experience in and with the mobile telecommunications sector would be considered a valuable asset.
- Knowledge of SS7 Signaling and GSM networks; IP standards and networking systems; Business Objects and Tableau.
- An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements.