Value Optical Limited is one of the largest optical chains in Trinidad and Tobago with 13 locations and growing. Our business philosophy of Caring for Your Eyes is a belief system that fuels our science and energizes our people to provide our customers with superior eye-wear, state of the art medical expertise, and extraordinary service all at affordable prices. Our in-house lab facilities are furnished with expert technology that is among the best in the industry and are the engine rooms powering the success of our Same Day and Next Day service delivery commitment. At Value Optical, we value people and we continue to remain focused on building a unique customer and employee experience that empowers our people to be their best.
Assist the Company in achieving its goals and objectives by dispensing eyeglasses and contact lenses to patients based on their Optical needs. This technical professional would ensure that the optical products dispensed meet the Company’s quality and standards, providing premium customer service and ensuring patient satisfaction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate prescription in conjunction with patients’ occupational and recreational visual requirements; make recommendations to patients on lens design, lens features, and frame fit to suit the patients’ needs.
- Take optical measurements of patients’ pupillary distance, vertex distance, segment heights and optical centres.
- Determine patient’s previous prescription (neutralizing) using lensometer and patient’s eyeglasses.
- Review work order for the optical lab, ensuring that it contains accurate and specific instructions for grinding and mounting prescription lenses into frames.
- Responsible for verification and authorization of all daily branch work orders prior to dispatch to the lab; double-checking all information including prescription, measurements, job status and delivery date to ensure accuracy.
- Verify the tolerance of the finished lens to specifications on delivery from the lab; inspect the lens and frame to ensure a quality finished product.
- Conducts daily follow up with the lab, communicating delays to the customer in a timely manner
- Heats, shapes, or bends plastic or metal frames to adjust eyeglasses to fit patients face form, competently using optical tools or hands. This includes performing repairs at branches, including re-inserting lenses, replacing screws, and re-alignment.
- Dispense eyeglasses to patients, instructing patients in adapting to wearing and caring for eyeglasses.
- Ability to troubleshoot by identifying the root cause of the patients’ visual problem and offer a resolution.
- Competently conduct contact lens tutorials with first-time customers and complete the requisite ordering of contact lenses
QUALIFICATIONS & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- American Board of Opticianry Certification OR other Optical Certification including registration with the TTORC.
- Diploma in Supervisory Management OR Associate Degree in Business Management.
- 3 – 5 years practical experience dispensing eyeglasses and contact lenses.
- Must be a holder of a valid driver’s license with own vehicle
- Ability to analyze optical prescriptions
- Competently adjust and repair optical frames
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Team player