This is a senior administrative support position which has responsibility for the smooth operation of administrative functions in the Health Emergency Management Unit and provides logistic support by administering the overall logistic processes in the Unit.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and organize all logistics activities of the unit ensuring that logistical support is maintained in an accurate and timely manner.
- Plan and organize the logistics and distribution of supplies, equipment and humanitarian aid.
- Provide support in the preparation of complete documentation for procurement of health disaster supplies and equipment.
- Prepare and review inventory control records and reports, and monitor inventory databases.
- Ensure physical inventories are conducted on a monthly basis and communicated to the Director.
- Administer and monitor the efficient and cost-effective supply chain operations.
- Facilitate in-country transport of procured items and ensure consistency of warehouse/storeroom documentation and reporting.
- Supervise administrative services for all matters relating to the Unit.
- Organize meetings, workshops, and training activities and provide effective administrative support for meetings by preparing agendas, correspondence and minutes.
- Assist in the maintenance of the accounts of the Unit by ensuring transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system.
- Prepare appropriate documentation for Head of Unit’s approval.
- Establish and maintain supplier accounts.
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system.
- Verify and submit purchase orders, vouchers and invoices for approval.
- Maintain financial files and records.
- Ensure travel arrangements for departmental personnel are made.
- Administer and maintain the unit record system, manage databases, keep detailed records and generate reports.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with suppliers, local authorities, other NGOs and any other stakeholders ensuring good co-operation and partnerships.
- Adheres to all Public Service Codes rules and regulations.
- Perform any other related tasks that may be assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
· An Associate’s degree in office/business administration/Business Studies or equivalent or a minimum of five years’ experience in an administrative role or related field.
· A Certificate in supply chain management or related field.
Essential: This position requires a minimum of five (5) years on the job experience to acquire the necessary competencies to respond effectively to the challenges of the job. Experience in the public sector is desirable.
SALARY: Grade 6 - $33,415.00 per annum plus allowances
Resumes with current contact information must be accompanied by a Cover Letter and two letters of reference (one preferably from a former employer) as well as copies of educational certificates and a copy of the Passport photo page. Shortlisted candidates must submit a Police Certificate.
Applications should be addressed to The Director, Office of the Human Resource Management Directorate, Church Folly, Grand Turk. Applications can be hand delivered, Faxed to 946-1582 or sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hand delivered and fax applications must have clearly marked on the envelope/fax cover sheet the Job Title of position being applied for. On emailed applications the subject line must reference the Job Reference Number (CBB07-21-29) and the Job Title.
Current serving officers must apply through their Head of Department.
Applications without supporting documents will not be processed
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 7th January, 2022