The job holder is an essential member of the Turks & Caicos Islands Government Dental Department working as part of a team of clinicians providing Dental Care. The team will perform a range of prescribed preventive/restorative procedures (e.g. fillings, prophylaxis and simple extractions) as well as providing services to the community via a mobile dental unit and to the sister islands through satellite clinics. The Dental Nurse assists in treatment and prevention of oral disease and they focus on oral hygiene practices and assist patients to maintain good oral health.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collects detailed dental and medical histories from patients and provides basic preventative and restorative treatment such as prophylaxis (cleaning), fillings and in some cases extractions to both adults and children.
- Uses communication and interpersonal skills to ensure that consent has been obtained and that the patient has full understanding of the treatment options.
- Refers patients to the dentist as treatment determines.
- Provides information and practical advice as appropriate for oral health needs of individuals to enable them to improve and maintain good oral health.
- Assesses, monitors and adapts clinical needs as required to meet needs and capabilities of individual patients.
- Raises awareness of patient’s own responsibility regarding treatment outcome and long term benefits.
- Treats patient groups including children and adults and those with multiple complex needs.
- Provides dental health education to schools on a regular basis.
- Visits sister Islands to provide dental services.
- Takes radiographs to enable complete diagnosis of patients.
- Assists the Dentist in the absence of the dental assistant.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• Certificate in Dental Nursing/equivalent or higher qualification
• At least three years of relevant working experience.
Grade 6.1 $33,415.00 per annum plus allowances
Resumes with current contact information must be accompanied by a Cover Letter and two letters of reference (one preferably from a former employer) as well as copies of educational certificates and a copy of the Passport photo page. Shortlisted candidates must submit a Police Certificate.
Applications should be addressed to The Director, Office of the Human Resource Management Directorate, Church Folly, Grand Turk. Applications can be hand delivered, Faxed to 946-1582 or sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hand delivered and fax applications must have clearly marked on the envelope/fax cover sheet the Job Title of position being applied for. On emailed applications the subject line must reference the Job Reference Number (CBB07-21-27) and the Job Title.
Current serving officers must apply through their Head of Department.
Applications without supporting documents will not be processed
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
7th January, 2022