To facilitate and deliver an effective and efficient Mental Health Care program that is consistent with current practices and acceptable by the Turks and Caicos Islands Health Services.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gathers and analyzes data that will inform policy decisions and improves delivery of mental health.
- Coordinates documents and maintains mental health initiatives jointly agreed with other government agencies and civic groups.
- Acts as facilitator in the promotion of mental health educational programs for schools and civic groups.
- Provides care for mentally ill clients especially those who are at high risks for relapses.
- Screens patients at the outpatient department.
- Establishes community mental health programmes.
- Follows up with clients in the community and makes sure medications are updated.
- Provides year-end reports or activities and programmes done.
- Coordinates with other agencies and departments when emergency psychiatric intervention is needed in the community.
- Keeps records of all clients seen in the outpatient department and the community.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
· Graduate of an approved school of nursing, holding a degree in Nursing.
· At least three (3) years’ experience in Psychiatric Nursing.
· The incumbent must hold a valid license to practice the Turks and Caicos Islands
SALARY: Grade 6 $33,415.00 per annum
Resumes with current contact information must be accompanied by a Cover Letter and two letters of reference (one preferably from a former employer) as well as copies of educational certificates and a copy of the Passport photo page, National Turks & Caicos Islander Status Card (where applicable). Shortlisted candidates must submit a Police Certificate.
Applications should be addressed to The Director, Office of the Human Resource Management Directorate, Church Folly, Grand Turk. Applications can be hand delivered, Faxed to 946-1582 or sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hand delivered and fax applications must have clearly marked on the envelope/fax cover sheet the Job Title of position being applied for. On emailed applications the subject line must reference the Job Reference Number (CBB07-21-48) and the Job Title.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
7TH January, 2022