The job holder is required to provide support to the Contract Performance Management Unit (CPMU) in a variety of operational decisions. To assist in ensuring that value for money is achieved from all contracts within the Ministry of Health.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with implementing strategies to mitigate risks and align the Unit to achieve its mandate and outputs detailed in work plans.
- Ensures all timelines within contract terms are met.
- Ensures all amendments to financial model are being reviewed, amended and received by TCIG as per the contract.
- Ensures that the Financial and Audit Ordinance, Public Finance Management Ordinance and other relevant legislation are adhered to in the performance of duties and in delivering services.
- Principally responsible to ensure all monthly invoices and quarterly reconciliation are accompanied with full supporting documentation and prepared for approval.
- Provides technical accounting advice concerning generally accepted accounting practice and its application throughout TCIG.
- Monitors the financial data within SmartStream for accuracy, carrying out regular review and reconciliation of balances and liaising with other Managers to obtain relevant information and reports in support of these balances. Includes maintaining adequate work papers and files to meet the requirements of audit.
- Ensures any pass through costs within contracts are realigned to Treasury and are paid monthly.
- Monitors measure and benchmark key performance indicators for all outcomes and outputs within all contracts/projects and make recommendations for amendments.
- Creates & maintains CPMU accounting manual in accordance with relevant
- Assists the Contract Performance Manager in the discharge of the following statutory and other obligations
- The compilation and management of the accounts of CPMU.
- The identification and quantification of contingent liabilities.
- Assistance and support in resolving audit issues.
- Compilation of information for the preparation of the Accountant General’s annual report to the Minister responsible for finance.
- Coordinates with all CPMU, to gather, analyze, summarize and prepare recommendations for financial plans, acquisition activity, trended future requirements, operating forecasts, etc.
- Provides financial impact over life of project for Change Enquires and all finance related decisions, introduce process discipline.
- Manages organization of historical financial reporting information.
- Keeps abreast of the basic requirements for compliance in own area of work and complies with those requirements. Participates as required in training on regulatory issues affecting own area of work. Brings regulatory compliance questions/issues to the attention of management.
- Maintains a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over finance activities
- Manages the preparation of the CPMU budget and assist with preparing budget forecasts
- Reports to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances
- Assists management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction
- Reviews the performance of contracts and report on key issues to management
- Engages in benchmarking studies to establish areas of potential operational improvement
- Interprets the CPMU's financial results to management and recommend improvement activities
- Compiles key business metrics and report on them to management
- Creates additional analyses and reports as requested by management
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• Preference will be given to candidates with the MBA, CPA, CFA or CMA designations. Excellent communication skills are essential, particularly in regard to presenting the results of analyses to management. Must have an outstanding knowledge of electronic spreadsheets.
• The finance manager candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company, division of a large corporation financial public sector unit or institution.
• Experience with the financial management of contracts is desirable. r
SALARY: Grade 8 $51,147.00 per annum
Resumes with current contact information must be accompanied by a Cover Letter and two letters of reference (one preferably from a former employer) as well as copies of educational certificates and a copy of the Passport photo page, National Turks & Caicos Islander Status Card (where applicable). Shortlisted candidates must submit a Police Certificate.
Applications should be addressed to The Director, Office of the Human Resource Management Directorate, Church Folly, Grand Turk. Applications can be hand delivered, Faxed to 946-1582 or sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hand delivered and fax applications must have clearly marked on the envelope/fax cover sheet the Job Title of position being applied for. On emailed applications the subject line must reference the Job Reference Number (CBB07-21-28) and the Job Title.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 7th January, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only persons selected for an interview
will be contacted.