This is a general support services position, to assist with cleaning and maintenance of assigned facilities and grounds so that they are clean and ready for use.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that all trash bins are properly emptied in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that all litter surrounding assigned facilities is properly disposed
- Water, trim and prune plants and gardens in the assigned facilities
- Remove unwanted plants (weeds, invasive species) in the assigned facilities
- Mow and trim lawn and grass areas
- Apply pesticides and fertilizers as required
- Operate equipment for mowing and gardening
- Clean and store for safekeeping purposes all tools and equipment used
- Clean and wash outside facilities such as stairs, windows and walls
- Assist in the upkeep of building equipment such as cooling systems
- Assist in the installation of window shutters when there is a hurricane warning
- Perform other related tasks that may be assigned
- Adhere to all Public Service codes, rules and regulations
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
At least finished elementary education (Grade 6).
The position requires a minimum of six (6) months on the job experience to acquire the necessary competencies to respond effectively to the challenges of the job. Previous experience in grounds keeping is desirable.
SALARY: $499.98 bi – weekly
Resumes with current contact information must be accompanied by a Cover Letter and two letters of reference (one preferably from a former employer) as well as copies of educational certificates and a copy of the Passport photo page, National Turks & Caicos Islander Status Card (where applicable). Shortlisted candidates must submit a Police Certificate.
Applications should be addressed to The Director, Office of the Human Resource Management Directorate, Church Folly, Grand Turk. Applications can be hand delivered, Faxed to 946-1582 or sent by email to: email@example.com.
Hand delivered and fax applications must have clearly marked on the envelope/fax cover sheet the Job Title of position being applied for. On emailed applications the subject line must reference the Job Reference Number (KHB7-21-05) and the Job Title.
Current serving officers must apply through their Head of Department.
Applications without all supporting documents will not be processed.
BELONGERS NEED ONLY APPLY
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 7TH JANUARY 2022