The post holder supports the Director of Contracts and Corporate Performance Management in the discharge of his/her duties.
The contracts and project management function is responsible for assisting Ministries, Departments, Statutory Bodies and other Public Bodies in the delivery of TCIG services and protecting the delivery of TCIG programmes and projects. The post holder provides guidance on procurement and project management matters to Ministries, Departments, Statutory Bodies and other Public Bodies to allow for effective project and business decisions.
The post holder also supports the Director of Contracts and the Secretary to the TCIG Procurement Board by providing administrative and technical support in respect of the effective functioning of the Procurement Board.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
CONTRACTS AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT
· Assist with the development of work plans for staff within the unit and supervision of staff.
· Assist with the preparation of waiver reports, as required by section 21 of the Public Procurement Ordinance.
· Assist with the preparation and publication of procurement plans.
· Assist with the preparation and publication of contract award notices.
· Assist with the maintenance of approved lists of suppliers for the TCIG.
· Administer appropriate monitoring and reporting mechanisms on the progress of all active contracts.
· Prepare Contract Award Notifications and other Cabinet Papers.
· Prepare draft annual report for onward submission to the Deputy Governor on the performance of all contracts.
· Prepare and submit documents to National Audit Office for the annual audit and any other special audits.
· Assist with budget forecast and preparation.
· Provide advice to Ministries, Departments, Statutory Bodies and other Public Bodies with reference to, but not limited to, processes to be followed during the various stages of projects, according to the provisions of the Public Procurement Ordinance.
· Ensure the maintenance of the website with reference to Procurement Notices.
· Provide training to Ministries, Departments, Statutory Bodies and other Public Bodies, Commissions, Boards or Authorities, Tenderers, Contractors and other Suppliers.
· Provide administrative and technical support in respect of the effective functioning of the Procurement Board, according to the Public Procurement Ordinance.
· Act as Secretary to the Procurement Board, as necessary.
· Act as Chairperson of Evaluation Panels, as necessary.
· Prepare evaluation reports for submission to the Procurement Board.
· Prepare and issue tender documents.
· Prepare and publish Tender Notices.
· Coordinate Pre-Tender Meetings.
· Manage the process for queries, clarification requests and requests for extensions pertaining to published Invitations to Tender.
· Issue approved contract documents.
· Notify tenderers in respect of the award of contracts.
· Assist with the debriefing of tenderers, where necessary.
· Adhere to all Public Service codes, rules and regulations
· Other related tasks, as assigned by the Director of Contracts and Corporate Performance Management.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
- Successful candidates should possess a Degree in Procurement or Project Management or Business Administration or equivalent.
- The position requires a minimum of five (5) years on the job experience to be able to respond effectively to the challenges of the job.
SALARY: Grade 8.1 - $51,147.50 per annum
For persons recruited outside of the Turks & Caicos Islands a two-year extendable contract is offered. Other benefits in addition to basic salary include a Housing Allowance, End-of contract gratuity of 10%, return passages for a family of up to two children under the age of 18 years, freight cost and duty exemption on personal effects imported within six months of the appointment.
Resumes with current contact information must be accompanied by a Cover Letter and two letters of reference (one preferably from a former employer) as well as copies of educational certificates and a copy of the Passport photo page, National Turks & Caicos Islander Status Card (where applicable). Shortlisted candidates must submit a Police Certificate.
Applications should be addressed to The Director, Office of the Human Resource Management Directorate, Church Folly, Grand Turk. Applications can be hand delivered, Faxed to 946-1582 or sent by email to: email@example.com
Hand delivered and fax applications must have clearly marked on the envelope/fax cover sheet the Job Title of position being applied for. On emailed applications the subject line must reference the Job Reference Number (LSB7-21-20) and the Job Title.
Current serving officers must apply through their Head of Department.
Applications without all supporting documents will not be processed.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
FRIDAY 7TH JANUARY, 2022