This position will seek to address the need for permanent IT personnel presence and support on the island of Providenciales to service the IT needs of Government Offices on site and offices in the neighboring islands of North and Middle Caicos as needed. This position will also ensure an efficient response time to the locations mentioned. The responsibilities include being a reference point for all IT related queries at the user level ensuring the optimal running of all systems. Technical support including and not limited to maintenance, repair and upgrading of workstations and providing workstation support services for the effective operation of hardware, software and networking components.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Identify hardware, software and telecommunications malfunctions on the desktop computers and takes appropriate action to resolve issues ensuring data/system integrity.
2. Analyse and troubleshoot problems (both technical and operational) and resolve problems or requests assistance from DETI to resolve problems.
3. Assist in capacity planning and acquisition of computers, peripheral devices and other equipment.
4. Repair, test, replace and implement personal computers, printers, peripherals devices and other hardware
5. Maintain, update and upgrading of entire system to enable compatible software and database(s) on all computers.
6. Request assistance with workload when necessary and help define priorities
7. Performing tests and evaluations of new software and hardware
8. Providing support to users and being the first point of contact for error reporting.
9. Maintain, develop and provide reports for activities
10. Adhere to all Public Service codes, rules and regulations
11. Perform other related tasks as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
- Essential: Post-Secondary Diploma and/or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Technology or equivalent from an accredited tertiary institution and accredited degree program
- Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional)
- At least 2 years of experience in computer configuration, repair and maintenance
- Knowledge operations in a LAN environment, network printer setup, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office and other Microsoft Office 365 programs
SALARY: Grade 6.1 - $33,415.00 PER ANNUM
Resumes with current contact information must be accompanied by a Cover Letter and two letters of reference (one preferably from a former employer) as well as copies of educational certificates and a copy of the Passport photo page, National Turks & Caicos Islander Status Card (where applicable). Shortlisted candidates must submit a Police Certificate.
Applications should be addressed to The Director, Office of the Human Resource Management Directorate, Church Folly, Grand Turk. Applications can be hand delivered, Faxed to 946-1582 or sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hand delivered and fax applications must have clearly marked on the envelope/fax cover sheet the Job Title of position being applied for. On emailed applications the subject line must reference the Job Reference Number (LSB7-21-11) and the Job Title.
Current serving officers must apply through their Head of Department.
Applications without all supporting documents will not be processed.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application Closing Date: FRIDAY 7th JANUARY, 2022