The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for a range of Human Resource functions inclusive of recruitment, employee/industrial relations, policy formulation and implementation, organisational and succession planning, performance management, reward and recognition, job evaluation and salary structures and human resource information systems. He/she provides support to the Human Resources Director in the guidance and management of the overall implementation of Human Resources services, policies, and programs across the Public Sector. The job holder provides advice to the HR Director when needed and collaborates with the Training Manager with respect to training needs, delivery and the Performance Management processes.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and update rules, policies, guidelines, manuals and handbooks on Human Resource related matters and oversees in the implementation thereof.
- Participate in the creation of strategic and manpower plans for the Department.
- Facilitate the Recruitment and Selection of competent staff.
- Supervise Human Resource Officers and Administrative staff in the office of the Human Resource Directorate
- Work with Management to identify staffing requirements and organizational charts needed to meet goals and objectives of the Organisation.
- Develop Performance Management Systems and Career and Succession Plans to enhance the competencies of public servants.
- Propose, initiate and monitor staff welfare and other motivational programmes aimed at increasing employee satisfaction and work ethics.
- Ensure that job descriptions are updated to match employees’ competencies with job tasks.
- Benchmark salary structures with the private and public sectors both locally and internationally to derive lucrative compensation packages for staff.
- Chair the Job Evaluation Committee.
- Oversee the maintenance of a database containing statistics of the demographics of the public service to be used for career and succession planning initiatives.
- Monitor Human Resource practices across Ministries / Departments and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Collaborate with the Training Manager with respect to the Training Cycle, Training needs and the Performance Management system.
- Monitor grievance procedures in Ministries and Departments and provide advice on such matters.
- Re-engineer processes and streamline Human Resource activities and programmes to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the public service.
- Attend Head of Department meetings to update on Human Resource matters and answer any queries and concerns.
- Provides data based monthly reporting to the Human Resources Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management/Social Sciences/Public Sector Management is essential.
- Professional Human Resource Certification to the level of SPHR or HRMP would be an asset.
- A Master’s Degree with concentration in Human Resource Management would be an asset.
- Eight (8) years experience in the field of Human Resource Management of which three must have been at a managerial level with supervisory responsibility.
- Experience with Employee/Industrial Relations and Labour Law.
- Working knowledge of the Public Sector and its regulations.
GRADE 9.1 $ 59,552.50 per annum plus allowances
Resumes with current contact information must be accompanied by a Cover Letter and two letters of reference (one preferably from a former employer) as well as copies of educational certificates and a copy of the Passport photo page, National Turks & Caicos Islander Status Card (where applicable). Shortlisted candidates must submit a Police Certificate.
Applications should be addressed to The Director, Office of the Human Resource Management Directorate, Church Folly, Grand Turk. Applications can be hand delivered, Faxed to 946-1582 or sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hand delivered and fax applications must have clearly marked on the envelope/fax cover sheet the Job Title of position being applied for. On emailed applications the subject line must reference the Job Reference Number (LSB7-21-17) and the Job Title.
Current serving officers must apply through their Head of Department.
Applications without all supporting documents will not be processed.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY 7TH JANUARY, 2022