The Supervisor will be the first level of line management and as such, carry an important role in ensuring effective daily supervision, guidance and support of the Beach and Coastal Warden Team. They are responsible for enabling the development of competence within their team whilst ensuring that organizational standards are met and objectives achieved.
This role will co-ordinate, monitor and respond where necessary, to uphold the law, in line with legal frameworks and policy guidelines.
A disposition to promote high standards of customer care and communication skills is essential for this post to provide a safe, clean, tidy and enjoyable coastal environment. You will be an integral member of the team ensuring the Turks and is a great place to live, work and visit.
Successful applicants will work in shifts covering seven (7) days per week and be expected to work outdoors on public and resort beaches, and Carnival Cruise Port for several hours per day in order to carry out their duties.
- Supervise a team, managing their wellbeing and welfare, development and ensuring high levels of motivation to enable an effective service.
- Provide advice and guidance to team members to ensure that responses are delivered within appropriate policies and legislation and achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Monitor and manage the performance of the team, devising and implementing effective strategies to identify issues and improve team/individual performance to ensure. adherence to professional standards and contribute to the achievement of the Department objectives.
- Support the assessment of individuals, assessing capabilities and development needs and devising appropriate development plans to enable high performance and potential progression.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide a highly visible presence to reassure beach and park users
- To engage with all beach and park users including businesses to ensure compliance with all legislation and regulations regarding crime and disorder and environmental issues
- To ensure compliance with the terms of all business licence and permits for beach and park business operators
- To undertake enforcement as appropriate with regards to all elements of minor crime, anti-social behaviour and environmental breaches of regulations.
- A first responder to medical emergencies on the beaches and parks
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- An Associate’s Degree in Environmental Sciences or Marine Biology or related field
- Certification in law enforcement, natural resource management or equivalent.
- Dive Certification (e.g. PADI)
- Boat Handling License
The post requires minimum of five (5) years on-the-job experience in law enforcement or related works. Management experience is preferred. Preference is given to individuals with extensive experience and expertise operating vessels in law enforcement environments.
SALARY: Grade 6 $33,415.00 per annum plus allowances
Resumes with current contact information must be accompanied by a Cover Letter and two letters of reference (one preferably from a former employer) as well as copies of educational certificates and a copy of the Passport photo page, National Turks & Caicos Islander Status Card (where applicable). Shortlisted candidates must submit a Police Certificate.
Applications should be addressed to The Director, Office of the Human Resource Management Directorate, Church Folly, Grand Turk. Applications can be sent by email to: Recruitment@gov.tc
Hand delivered and fax applications must have clearly marked on the envelope/fax cover sheet the Job Title of position being applied for. On emailed applications the subject line must reference the Job Reference Number (CFB7-21-44) and the Job Title.
Current serving officers must apply through their Head of Department
Note: Upon appointment, all applicants must be fully vaccinated
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
“Belongers only need apply”
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 7th January 2022.