To manage all costs relating to building and civil engineering projects from the initial calculations to the final figures.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities, cost estimates and specifications with the architect and/or the client.
- Undertake feasibility studies and cost analysis for repair and maintenance project works.
- Keeping up to date with current technology including energy saving and efficiency.
- Performing risk, value management and cost control and providing responses to commercial risks.
- Preparing and analyzing costing for tenders using Standard Method of Measurement.
- Providing advice on contractual claims.
- Valuing completed work and arranging payments.
- Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use.
- Advising on procurement strategy.
- Adhere to all Public Service rules and regulations.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying or Estimating/related field or equivalent.
- A professional qualification accredited by the Royal Institute for Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
A minimum of Eight (8) years’ experience in the estimating and construction field – i.e. preparing quantities and estimates, properties and uses of materials, carrying out valuation and site inspections for quality control.
SALARY – Grade 9 $59,552.50 per annum
For persons recruited from outside of the Turks and Islands, a two (2) year fixed terms on a maximum of four (4) years is offered. Other benefits, in addition to the stated allowances include an end-of-contract gratuity of 10% of salary; return passage, for family of up to two children up to the age of eighteen (18) years as well as duty free concession on the shipment of personal effects imported within six (6) months of appointment.
Resumes with current contact information must be accompanied by a Cover Letter and two letters of reference (one preferably from a former employer) as well as copies of educational certificates and a copy of the Passport photo page and a National Turks & Caicos Islander Status Card (where applicable). Shortlisted candidates must submit a Police Certificate.
Applications should be addressed to The Director, Office of the Human Resource Management Directorate, Church Folly, Grand Turk. Applications can be hand delivered, Faxed to 946-1582 or sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hand delivered and fax applications must have clearly marked on the envelope/fax cover sheet the Job Title of position being applied for. On emailed applications the subject line must reference the Job Reference Number (CFB7-21-46) and the Job Title.
Current serving officers must apply through their Head of Department.
Applications without all supporting documents will not be processed.
“We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only persons selected for an interview will be contacted.”
Closing Date: 7th January 2022