The post holder is responsible provide support to the Water Undertaking in dealing with all jobs associated with the pipe distribution network – fixing leaks, installation of service connections, disconnections and reconnections. This post will assist with the general maintenance of the entire distribution network.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts leak detection exercise to identify leaks and tampering
- Fixes all leaks on the pip distribution network – from the water meter to the pipe network;
- Installation of new water services as required;
- Disconnection and reconnection of water meters as directed; and
- Assists the meter reading with location of meters and taking meter reading when applicable.
- Adheres to all Public Service codes, rules and regulations
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma
- Certification in Plumbing would be an asset
- Two years’ experience in a similar position
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Operate basic water testing equipment and leak detectors
SALARY – Grade 4 $21,935.00 per annum
Resumes with current contact information must be accompanied by a Cover Letter and two letters of reference (one preferably from a former employer) as well as copies of educational certificates and a copy of the Passport photo page, National Turks & Caicos Islander Status Card (where applicable). Shortlisted candidates must submit a Police Certificate.
Applications should be addressed to The Director, Office of the Human Resource Management Directorate, Church Folly, Grand Turk. Applications can be hand delivered, Faxed to 946-1582 or sent by email to: email@example.com.
Hand delivered and fax applications must have clearly marked on the envelope/fax cover sheet the Job Title of position being applied for. On emailed applications the subject line must reference the Job Reference Number (LWB7-21-33) and the Job Title.
Current serving officers must apply through their Head of Department.
Applications without all supporting documents will not be processed.
“BELONGERS NEED ONLY APPLY”
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 7th January 2022