If you are passionate about the local environment and the community benefits it provides, then an exciting opportunity exists for you at DECR: We are looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated and experienced persons to join our team.
You will be required to assist in maintaining beaches and coastal infrastructure to the established standards; and with enforcement and the issuing of Fixed Penalty Notices regarding legislation relating to Environmental Protection, and dealing with antisocial behavioral issues.
You will need to be able to work as part of a team and independently, as required, using your own initiative. You will work proactively with all members of the public and the wider team including external agencies and must also be able to demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm for community safety and environmental issues.
A disposition to promote high standards of customer care and communication skills is essential for this post to provide a safe, clean, tidy and enjoyable coastal environment. You will be an integral member of the team ensuring the Turks and is a great place to live, work and visit.
Successful applicants will work in shifts covering seven (7) days per week and be expected to work outdoors on public and resort beaches, and Carnival Cruise Port for several hours per day in order to carry out their duties.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide a highly visible presence to reassure beach and park users
- To engage with all beach and park users including businesses to ensure compliance with all legislation and regulations regarding crime and disorder and environmental issues
- To ensure compliance with the terms of all business licence and permits for beach and park business operators
- To undertake enforcement as appropriate with regards to all elements of minor crime, anti-social behaviour and environmental breaches of regulations.
- A first responder to medical emergencies on the beaches and parks
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
· Hold a minimum of a High School diploma and/or 3 CXCs or equivalent (to include Math and English language);
- Satisfactory written and oral communication is required
- Computer literate (at least able to use MSWord and MS Excel)
- Ability to obtain a Dive Certification (e.g. PADI)
- Boat Handling License is desirable
- A minimum of two (2) years on-the-job experience in law enforcement, preferably with relevant experience on conservation and environmental awareness projects/activities or related fields is desirable. Relevant alternative experience will be considered.
SALARY: Grade 5: $26,650.00 per annum plus Allowances
Resumes with current contact information must be accompanied by a Cover Letter and two letters of reference (one preferably from a former employer) as well as copies of educational certificates and a copy of the Passport photo page, National Turks & Caicos Islander Status Card (where applicable). Shortlisted candidates must submit a Police Certificate.
Applications should be addressed to The Director, Office of the Human Resource Management Directorate, Church Folly, Grand Turk. Applications can be sent by email to: Recruitment@gov.tc
Hand delivered and fax applications must have clearly marked on the envelope/fax cover sheet the Job Title of position being applied for. On emailed applications the subject line must reference the Job Reference Number (CFB7-21-43) and the Job Title.
Current serving officers must apply through their Head of Department
Note: Upon appointment, all applicants must be fully vaccinated
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
“Belongers only need apply”
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 7th January, 2022