This is an administrative support position, which has responsibility for secretarial and administrative support functions in the office.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is indicative of the nature of tasks and responsibilities in this job. Not all tasks will be undertaken in every job. The supervisor will give guidance to the job holder on the tasks and responsibilities that apply.
- Verify and submit purchase orders, vouchers and invoices for approval
- Schedule appointments/arrange meetings
- Answer and direct telephone calls/enquiries to the appropriate personnel
- Meet and greet internal and external customers
- Disseminate information. This includes:
- Prepare basic correspondence
- Type confidential correspondence
- Scan, e-mail, fax, photocopy documents
- Receive and dispatch mail
- Maintain a comprehensive filing system
- Maintain registers and record systems
- Make flight, hotel and rental bookings for personnel as required
- Record, stamp and seal official documents
- Prepare and sort source documents to identify and interpret data to be entered; where data is missing checks with source documents or relevant personnel to resolve questions and inconsistencies.
- Compare data entered with source documents and verify accuracy of data to be entered.
- Process data as required.
- Generate reports from data as requested.
- Adhere to all Public Service codes, rules and regulations
- Perform any other related tasks that may be assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
· Three or more GCE or CXC passes including English and Mathematics, or equivalent experience.
· A certificate/diploma in secretarial studies/related field is desirable.
· The position requires a minimum of one (1) year experience in the administrative field to acquire the necessary competencies to respond effectively to the challenges of the job.
SALARY: Grade 4: $21,935.00 per annum
Resumes with current contact information must be accompanied by a Cover Letter and two letters of reference (one preferably from a former employer) as well as copies of educational certificates and a copy of the Passport photo page, National Turks & Caicos Islander Status Card (where applicable). Shortlisted candidates must submit a Police Certificate.
Applications should be addressed to The Director, Office of the Human Resource Management Directorate, Church Folly, Grand Turk. Applications can be hand delivered, Faxed to 946-1582 or sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hand delivered and fax applications must have clearly marked on the envelope/fax cover sheet the Job Title of position being applied for. On emailed applications the subject line must reference the Job Reference Number (LWB7-21-34) and the Job Title.
Current serving officers must apply through their Head of Department.
Applications without all supporting documents will not be processed.
“Belongers only need apply”
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 7th January 2022