*** Please note that there are TWO openings within this request that need to be filled.
Collections Analyst Typical Duties and Tasks:
* Builds a strong relationship with the customer and utilizes the appropriate method of contact with the goal of collecting past due accounts.
* Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned portfolio, conducts root cause analysis of late payments and provides the customer with the necessary information to resolve the issue.
* Follows the appropriate method of escalation for non-responsive customers or problem accounts based on careful analysis of the situation.
* Effectively utilizes technology, systems, and tools to accomplish tasks.
* Collaborates with customers and stakeholders, and develops partnerships to drive resolution of past dues.
* Full range AR portfolio and account management required.
* High School Diploma
* At least 1-year Prior Customer Collections and Customer Service experience preferred
* Basic to intermediate accounting/AR background preferred
* Proficient in Microsoft Suite; Intermediate to Advanced Knowledge/Experience with Excel
* Excellent communication and writing skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Personal accountability
* Attention to detail
* Team player
* High sense of urgency
* High level of integrity
* Time management skills
Additional information from the manager:
Direct from the manager – please be sure to keep the following points in mind as you source for candidates to submit for this team to consider – please focus on:
1. Experience with a full range AR portfolio and account management.
2. Experience with customer service environments, preferable in shared services organizations.
3. Strong communication skills – written and oral. We have seen quite a few resumes with a lot of grammar and style errors, some of them have not been updated in a while. We have also seen a lot of candidates struggling with giving clear answers and/or specific examples.
4. Analytical skills – experience with root cause analysis and process improvement.
5. They are happy to consider new college graduates – either Associates’ and/or Bachelors’ Degrees in accounting and/or business-related disciplines please. While these candidates don’t have the experience – other similar hires have been easy to train, were eager to learn and worked out very well.
*** IMPORTANT: An hourly pay rate of no more than $20.00 to $23.00/hour should be offered to your candidate(s) for these openings. I’ve been advised that these positions could turn in to a temp-to-hire opportunities – we need to be mindful of what contingent workers are being brought in at.
* This is a Monday to Friday position with an 8-hour day expectation. Start time might be flexible, 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM, depending on the region being covered.
* This team is currently working remotely. When business operations return to normal, it is expected that the selected hires will be working on-site with the rest of their team.
* When this team is ready to interview, they’ll be requesting Zoom interviews.