PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Focused on providing dedicated sales and service support to International Corporate Banking Managers, with the aim of maintaining a highly effective team focused on service quality and sales support.
Providing strong day-to-day leadership of team players to ensure high levels of motivation, morale and teamwork exist within the team.
Be passionate about providing a high level of service to defined clientele, in support of the relationship managers.
- Actively deliver on client requests, enquiries and complaints in a professional manner at all times to ensure customer primacy is delivered
- Adhere to banking and compliance standards in accordance with International Corporate Banking and Head Office instructions
- Extensive interaction with clients, mainly on the telephone or in interview situations in support of relationship managers. Determining client requirements and offering solutions to these, recognising ‘buying signals’, and knowing when to refer up to a relationship manager or introduce to a specialist area. This requires active seeking of full range of information, focusing on what is relevant, and the need to seize opportunities to take action
- Due to the mobile operation of relationship managers, the jobholder is often responsible for maintaining the day-to-day high standard of service for clients. This may include dealing with centralised processing units and specialist business areas and may require use of initiative to meet clients’ needs within given timescales
- The International nature of the client base can give rise to fraud or money laundering, and the jobholder must be permanently vigilant and know the course of action to take
- To support ICB managers as it will be occasionally necessary to draft lending or mortgage proposals to be sent to the CRM team. These may be complicated and require an understanding of the risk issues involved and how these may be mitigated. The nature of the client base, as International and Domestic professionals, makes this particularly demanding
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Must be focused on being fully up to date on the product offering, the incumbent should also have a strong awareness of the other functions and products marketed through CIBC FirstCaribbean.
- Awareness of insurance, taxation and asset protection, estate planning products and services, and how these can be approached to best benefit our clients.
- The jobholder must have experience of, or at least be totally at ease with clients from differing social, religious, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- The jobholder must be totally at ease with the concept of personal affluence and high net-worth clients.
- The jobholder must have experience of, or at least be totally at ease with dealing with the personal financial affairs of senior executives from major finance houses.
- Previous experience in a customer service role is essential.
- General experience or knowledge in sales and service, financial services, personal lending.
- Experience in International banking, including knowledge of foreign exchange.
- Obligatory knowledge of equivalent local legislation, to ensure compliance with the Bank’s regulatory requirements, including regulations relating to jobholders’ investment / financial advice responsibilities [if appropriate].
- Knowledge of the Bank’s Risk Management principles and procedures required to enable propositions to be put to the CRM team.
- Progression towards, or attainment of Investment qualification would be an advantage. Training likely to assist effectiveness in the role and may have been completed prior to undertaking this role:
- Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook/ICBS IT courses
- Consultative selling skills, particularly telephone techniques training
- Product knowledge courses
- Risk awareness including ‘Offshore awareness’ training and of course Anti Monetary Laundering Procedures