U.S. Embassy in Trinidad & Tobago is hiring a Plumbing Maintenance Worker (Plumber - Full Performance) on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
Working in the Facility Management section of the Embassy, the Plumbing Maintenance Worker carries out scheduled and unscheduled plumbing preventive maintenance and repair work on mission buildings and facilities including residential owned and leased properties.
Job holder would repair, and install plumbing as needed to support a variety of systems including but not limited to plumbing building and mechanical systems, potable water treatment and storage, waste water treatment, fire sprinkler, swimming pool and landscape irrigation.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of three (3) years of experience in the repair and maintenance of building plumbing and mechanical systems and utility treatment operations is required.
- Maintenance and repair of plumbing and mechanical systems, fixtures, water treatment, potable water and waste water treatment plant, swimming pools, fire sprinkler systems including sensors, alarms, building automation systems, hydronic systems, and water heaters.
- Minor component replacement of motors, valves, pumps, controls and recording instruments.
- Testing procedures in control devices to monitor, diagnose faults, determine current operating capacity to the design requirements, all in accordance with U.S. and host country regulations.
- Reading and working from engineering drawings, specifications and material list
Completion of Secondary School is required and/or completion of vocational training from an accredited institute recognized as producing journeyman level technicians with a concentration in plumbing principles and application is required.
LANGUAGE: English II level (Limited knowledge) Reading/Writing/Speaking is required (This may be tested)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Communication and interpersonal skills to answer queries from end-users, Ability to work as part of a team, work under pressure and a tight schedule, A flexible approach to work shifts and answer emergency calls at all hours, A current driver's license is required.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to take a written and practical test.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Port of Spain may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Passport copy
- Driver’s License
- Certificate or License
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Port of Spain.