U.S. Embassy in Trinidad & Tobago is hiring an Asset Management Technician on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
As Non-Expendable Asset Management Technician, maintains Embassy’s non-expendable property database. Generate and maintain inventory reports using Asset Management software for approximately 40 USG residences, 3 office buildings, and 1 warehouse. Inputs data, updates item locations, assists in reconciling inventories and maintains system records. Serves as the GSO Sub-Cashier. Serves as backup for the Management Secretary and Motor Pool Dispatcher.
Qualifications and Evaluations
Prior Work Experience: Two years clerical experience.
Job Knowledge: General knowledge of Department of State and Department of Defense regulations associated with supply instructions and procedures particularly the 14 FAM 400 Asset Management. Must have a detailed knowledge of General Services operations and standard office procedures. A thorough understanding of the Asset Management application and procedures is essential.
Completion of Secondary school is required including 4 CXC/CGE/ CAPE passes.
Proficient in Microsoft Office and its related programs such as Microsoft outlook, word and excel.
Skills and Abilities: Typing ability of 40 WPM is required. Must be able to use a PC and work independently. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook is required. Must be tactful, polite, and effective when dealing with American and local staff members.
Language Proficiency: Level III (good working knowledge) English.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third Country Nationals (TCNs) working at the U.S Mission in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMS, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Passport copy
- Language Scores (if available)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago.