Tobago House of Assembly in Trinidad and Tobago is hiring a MANAGER - HUMAN RESOURCE, THA: TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT CENTRE on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
The incumbent is responsible for the overall direction of the Tobago House of Assembly’s (THA) programme of human resource development and training. Work involves planning, organizing and coordinating the activities involved in Central and Divisional Training programmes; advising on the formulation and revision of Policy concerning these activities; representing the THA on various committees, providing consultant services to Divisions and other organizations on matters relating to training, as well as lecturing, when necessary, at courses and seminars. The incumbent is also required to attend meetings with Divisional Heads to determine various training needs and interact with Divisions on all training matters, which may arise.
Chief Administrator or Designated Officer
SUPERVISION GIVEN TO:
Senior Human Resource Specialists, Human Resource Specialists and Business Operations Assistants
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Plans, organizes, directs and coordinates the work of professional and support staff engaged in the provision of human resource development activities at the THA’s Training and Development Centre.
• Advises on the formulation and revision, where necessary, of Policy relating to Training programmes.
• Leads and participates in the strategic planning process for the Centre.
• Provides coaching and mentoring to staff being supervised, as required.
• Directs the conduct of research activities to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of the human resource development services provided and recommends necessary changes.
• Directs and participates in the preparation of the budgetary estimates of the Human Resource Department and ensures that expenditure is in accordance with financial guidelines.
• Serves on committees/panels and represents the Centre at conferences, seminars and workshops, in respect of matters related to human resource development.
• Lectures when necessary, at courses and seminars organized by the Centre.
• Reviews and analyses reports, proposals, draft Cabinet/Executive Council Notes, circulars and other documents prepared by staff being supervised, in order to assess quality and accuracy of content and recommendations made.
• Performs other related work as may be required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Extensive knowledge of the principles, methods and techniques of human resource development.
• Extensive knowledge of government policies, procedures, rules and regulations related to human resource development.
• Considerable knowledge of Public Service legislation, rules, regulations and policies.
• Considerable knowledge of national labour laws and regulations; collective and other agreements and policies, in respect of daily rated employees.
• Considerable knowledge of principles and techniques of strategic planning and project management.
• Knowledge of research methodologies, principles and techniques.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Skill in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to use the internet for research purposes.
• Ability to plan, organize, direct and coordinate the work of professional staff engaged in the provision of human resource development services in the Office of the Chief Secretary, THA’s Training and Development Centre.
• Ability to interpret policies and procedures to identify work problems and direct staff to their solutions.
• Ability to provide leadership and vision.
• Ability to analyse and evaluate data and trends and make appropriate recommendations.
• Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in the performance of duties.
• Ability to solve complex problems and make decisions within approved policy frameworks.
• Ability to observe and maintain confidentiality in the performance of duties.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, other public service employees, representatives of recognized associations/unions and the public.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
• Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in the field of human resource development and training, including at least four (4) years at a management/supervisory level.
• Training as evidenced by the possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in a Social Science, Management or Human Resource Development from a recognized University.
• Any equivalent combination of experience and training.
Please email your application letter along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae and the names and contacts of two (2) references to:
Manager, Human Resource
Human Resource Management Unit
Office of the Chief Secretary, Tobago House of Assembly