Guardian Group in Trinidad and Tobago is hiring an Accounting Assistant- GIA on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
The Accounting Assistant is required to prepare and manage the accounting and reconciliations for all Ledgers within the Group Insurance Administration Department. He/she will be responsible for ensuring that all accounting processing entries are done in an accurate and timely manner and that service is prompt, reliable and courteous to our internal and external customers at all times.
- Manage the integrity of the Asset and Liability (Balances within this portfolio) recorded in the financials for all subsidiaries through regular assessment and review of account reconciliations prepared by direct reports; and the timely and accurate clearance of errors and/or outstanding differences between balances confirmed by debtors/creditors vs the relevant company’s general ledger.
- Identify operational and/or financial risks arising from the reconciliations within their responsibility.
- Develop and maintain current, relevant procedures and controls to ensure accurate and timely recording of cash transactions; and to eliminate or limit the risks identified.
- Manage internal and external audits as relates to the stipulated portfolio for the companies.
- Prepare and review Central Bank, Statutory Return reports and Balances of Payments reports on a quarterly and annual basis for BANC, GL OECS and GLOC local and overseas territories.
- Prepare and review all monthly reports for Reinsurance and Valuations.
- Manage the internal and external audit by providing supporting documents and schedules within stipulated deadlines with no material errors.
- Effectively manage the monthly financial close process.
- Develop and maintain current, relevant procedures to ensure accurate and timely recording of transactions.
- Prepare monthly management reports.
- To perform any other job related duties as assigned by the Manager
- 5 CXC/CSEC passes including Mathematics and English Language.
- 2 A’ Level/ CAPE passes.
- ACCA Level 1
- LOMA 280, 290, ACS 100 and all related parts.
- 2 - 3 years’ experience operating in an Accounting field
- 1 year experience in the Insurance Industry
The Accounting Assistant must be organized and methodical. He/she should possess a high level of self-confidence and be very articulate. A high degree of time management skills is essential to perform duties effectively and efficiently. The Accounting Assistant must be able to be entrusted with confidential information and should be able to demonstrate the ability to use his/her initiative, a good team player and possess an aptitude to learn.