Victoria Mutual Building Society Ltd. in Jamaica is hiring a Manager-Group Treasury Operations & Payments on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
Have responsibility for all aspects of the back-office treasury operations, settlement, securities and payments activities
FUNCTIONAL AND TECHNICAL BUSINESS EXPERTISE
- Good time management skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of the laws, procedures and practices governing the Financial Services Industry
- Sound knowledge of relevant investment applications namely OPICS, Equity Order Systems.
- Sound knowledge of relevant computer applications namely JCSD, DEPEND computer interface.
- Sound knowledge of the techniques used in Treasury Operations Management
- Good project management skills
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- B.Sc. Business Administration, Finance or any other related field
- Five (5) years progressive experience in a Financial Institution Two (2) of which should be at a Supervisory Level
- Certification in Jamaican Securities
- Operational experience in a money market & treasury environment
TREASURY OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
- Direct and control the operating decisions affecting the delivery of treasury settlement and payments ecosystem at VM
- Lead the management of the Securities, Settlement and Payments units within the Department, ensuring accuracy in executed transactions
- Execute registration, securities and settlement, treasury operation compliance management reporting, continuous improvement related activities noted herein
- Provide direction and support to:
- A Settlement Team. This team focus on executing the trades across the group daily (Repos, Bonds, Equity, FX)
- Payments Team. This team focus on carry out the moving and receipting funds – to include cash funding for the ABMs, and the Branch offices, as well as the co-ordination of services with Security Firms such as Guardsman
- A Digital Payment and Cash Support Services Team – This team manages the ABM Operations – status and cash needs, as well as distribution and destruction of VM payment cards (e.g., debit/credit). This team also manages the distribution/allocation of cashier's cheque leaves
- A Treasury Monitoring and Reporting Team – This team is responsible for treasury management and regulatory reporting, as well as the end of day checks & adherence to investment standards, all regulatory reports, audit confirmations and reconciliation reports.
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Verify & Sign daily forms for purchases and sales related trades executed on the Horizon Trading Workstation
- Approve payments and receipts related to the completion of equity transactions
- Signs monthly invoices for payment to the Jamaica Central Securities Depository Limited
- Approve the lodgment of securities to the JCSD system
- Checks and signs JCSD settlement report for passage to the Accounts Department
- Verify and post daily transactions executed (purchase & sale) within the agreed timelines
- Approve new and modified account to the system
- Troubleshoot user issues on BOJ CSD, Citi-Service and FundServ
SECURITIES AND SETTLEMENT RELATED ACTIVITIES
- Maintain strict adherence to Vault Custody procedures as per the audit policy as this relates to control, record keeping and receipting of securities held inhouse
- Maintain security/legal documentation against clients’ accounts in a securities register, ensuring that the documentation is current and up to date
- Ensure that legal documents are stamped with the required ad valorem stamp duty and other stamping charges and returned for safe keeping
- Ensure confirmations details are transcribed, and correspondence dispatched promptly and accurately to counterparties
- Signs correspondences prepared – letters to trading partners, and clients
- Vet and approve wire transactions within the required timeframe on Citibank
- Vet and approve movements of securities on BOJ CSD System ensuring collateral covers for transactions executed and that settlements are completed within the required timeframe
- Check monthly FSC reports
- Open cashier’s vault and check off Settlement Officer when required
- Open securities vault when required
- Check and sign IPF applications
- Check and sign Tax letters and audit confirmatio