Guardian Group in Trinidad and Tobago is hiring a Business Development Officer on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
The Business Development Officer is primarily responsible for finding new business opportunities to achieve strategic business growth while maintaining existing relationships. The incumbent is expected to Cross-sell products within the Guardian Group of Companies to existing and new clients.
1. To act as a liaison for clients, claimants, annuitants for the various Payment Disbursements, by providing timely responses
2. To record all interactions with customers using the prescribed method chosen by GLOC and submit all request and or submission documents in a timely manner; including lessons learnt.
3. To follow up with clients/claimants for timely submission of submission documents and requirements and follow up with Customer Service/Customer Support for timely resolution and payment of claims.
4. To build a relationship with clients (existing, new and prospective) and engage in discussion about re-investment opportunities within the Group.
5. To act as a liaison between clients and agents at the time of payment preparation and presentation.
6. To initiate the conservation of policies as set out in Surrender Guidelines, recommending non-forfeiture and re-investment options within the Group.
7. To record successful leads including dollar value retained, reinvested, product type and Business Unit into which investment was made.
8. To record dollar value of lost business opportunity and reasons for non-acceptance.
9. To record and report the reasons for surrenders.
10. To track and report any notable trends in surrender and replacement activity.
• 5 O’Levels
• 2 A’ Levels
• Level 1 LOMA
• Certificate in Counselling would be an asset.
• Life insurance license
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• At least 5 years experience in the Life Insurance Industry or a similar role.
• Experience in Customer Service and Sales.
• Knowledge of GLOC products and the claims and surrenders processes.
The Business Development Officer must be able to work independently and manage his/her time wisely. He/she must be able to use his/her initiative, be self-motivated and responsive. He/she must be flexible to work at multiple locations since this position may require the individual to meet clients at any RSC at their convenience. The Business Development Officer must be able to interact well with others and must have a compassionate and understanding temperament when interacting with clients – particularly those receiving death claims. The incumbent must be detail-oriented and able to work well under pressure. The Business Development Officer will be held to a high standard of morals and ethics when dealing with qualified leads and passing them on to agents.