Guardian Group in Trinidad and Tobago is hiring a Transformation Assistant on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
To support the transformation Work Stream Lead in his/her core functional area and any strategic projects by conducting various types of analytical research, and making informed recommendations to the Work Stream Lead. The position also requires the provision of secretarial and administrative duties to support the Work Stream Lead. The Transformation Assistant is required to function as back-up support for the Work Stream Lead and to maintain continuity of operations during his or her absence.
1. Responsible for ensuring confidentiality in handling all matters related to the Work Stream Lead’s office.
2. Monitor the initiative
• Prepare reports on the initiatives for management.
• Follow up with the Initiative owners to ensure they meet the agreed to timelines
• Escalate impending deliverable issues with respect to initiatives to the Workstream Lead
• Escalate expenditure issues for approval by the Work Stream Lead / Work Stream Sponsor.
• Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to Work Stream Sponsor on a regular basis (monthly/bimonthly).
3. Evaluate the Initiative, ensuring the Initiative deliverables are on time, within budget at the required level of quality.
4. Responsible for conducting detailed research, develop scenario planning, and make informed recommendations to various challenges in the area of discipline.
5. Responsible for sourcing & collating information for the use of the Work Stream Lead for reports and Special Projects.
6. Responsible for preparing slides and designing presentations for the Work Stream.
7. Responsible for taking minutes at certain meetings and documenting various types of correspondence and reports and confidential documents and maintaining a filing system.
8. Responsible for delivering presentations should the Work Stream Lead not be able to do so.
9. Responsible for liaising and communicating with callers to the Work Stream Lead (scheduled or unscheduled) and where applicable directing them to other the Deputy Work Stream Leads or departments where appropriate; handling matters (including the drafting of some correspondence) not requiring the personal attention of the Work Stream Lead in accordance with his directives.
10. Responsible for arranging meetings of the Work Stream Lead with Work Stream Leads, Transformation Office and Business Associates including accommodation, meals and transport where necessary.
11. Responsible for maintaining the Work Stream Lead’s appointment calendar and making travel arrangements including airline, hotel, car rental etc. for the Work Stream Lead or the Deputies. This may also be conducted via Corporate Services, however responsibility lies with the Transformation Assistant.
12. Responsible for preparation of the Budget for the Department for review by the Work Stream Lead; responsible for ensuring adherence to the approved budget.
13. Responsible for writing or drafting any necessary speeches the Work Stream Lead may have to deliver.
14. To perform any other job-related duties as assigned by the Work Stream Lead or the deputies.
• First Degree from a recognized tertiary educational institution.
• Administrative Professional Secretarial qualification (an asset)
• LOMA 280, 290, ACS 100 and all related parts.
• A wide knowledge base including full familiarity with the Guardian Life Group and its operations.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• At least 3 years experience in a similar capacity
KEY SKILLS / COMPETENCIES:
• Serving People
• Planning / Organizing / Flexibility
• Problem Solving/ Analytical Skills
• Interpersonal/ Communication Skills
• Job Knowledge / Skills
• Team Orientation
The Assistant to the Work Stream Lead must be an intelligent person. He / She must have the capacity to learn how to use software packages in a relatively short time. He / She must be able to use her initiative and work with minimum supervision. He / She must be flexible and able to work for long hours under pressure if required. He / She must be familiar with office etiquette and be up to date on current events and the business environment (both generally and industry specifics, locally, regionally and internationally). He / She must be flexible in order to deal with sudden changes in routine.