Ministry of Social Development and Family Services in Trinidad and Tobago is hiring a Financial Analyst on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
Generate strategies and support overall stability of the various payments made by analyzing files and all forms of payment as it relates to payment decisions. The Financial Analysts organize data into accessible reports and perform various types of analysis using key metrics such as monthly and yearly trends in payment as it developments.
Key and Critical Responsibilities
- Analyses trends in payments made by the Ministry and provide forecasting information on payments and trends by regions.
- Advises the Executive on important decisions regarding the leakage of funds in the various grants and other investments made by the Ministry in the transformation and empowerment of the vulnerable.
- Prepares reports and projections based on the data available.
- Advises on payments made regarding the investment in the development of the vulnerable.
- Evaluates and assesses current and previous financial data on payments and makes recommendations to manage the financial resources.
- Analytical skills to process large amounts of information to identify inconsistencies which may affect the spend of the Ministry.
- Ability to monitor payment systems (manual and electronic) for compliance.
- Ability to prepare reports and make presentations.
- Sound knowledge of quality assurance systems in organization.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft office to analyze financial information and identify trends.
- Mathematic and estimating skills.
- Ability to attend to detail when conducting reviews.
- Ability to work in a team
- Degree in Mathematics, Finance, Economics or Accounting.
- Certification in Risk Management, Accounting and Quality Systems.
- Training in Quality Management and Strategic Intervention would be an asset.
- At least three (3) years of qualifying work experience.